“Incredible Sights”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible Sights”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I didn't realize how beautiful the beach area is! It felt like I was on a tropical island! They were shooting a movie or tv series while I biked through the park! A true gem!

1 Thank AMG661

• Czech first
Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A Secluded area we never knew!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were staying in North Miami Beach area and wanted to get a way from the crowds for a day and we decided to check out Key Biscayne, a place we never been to. We read some reviews and it said they have nice beaches by Crandon Beach Park. I am glad we listened to those reviews. When we got there, the beach was deserted! at least the North Beach was, the south beach end was a little more crowded. The north beach has this beautiful sand bar 200 feet away from the shore line! it was amazing! we layed down on the sand in the middle of the ocean! green water all around us! we were in our own little paradise. They have kayaking, snorkeling, etc. I def recommend this place if you are up for being alone for a day. its about 45 min away from Aventura/Sunny Isles Beach. 25 min from Miami beach and Miami city.

3 Thank ikelunious99
Florida
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Snorkeling and hiking”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I came to Crandon Park specifically to try out the snorkeling and hiking here. I had read a recommendation to snorkel on the far western portion of the beach. There really wasn't much to see except some large barracuda. If you want to snorkel, come during high tide, because the water is way too shallow during low tide.
However, what made my day was just exploring the whole park itself. There is an amazing nature center located on the far left parking lot- this is also where all the trails begin too. The nature center had very informative diagrams as well as many fish tanks, touch tanks, and a gift shop with unique items. Outside of the nature center, there were three tails that you could explore. The beach trail goes parallel to the beach with little shade but very cool lizards and butterflies. This eventually merges with the Fossilized Reef trail, which takes you an additional half mile until you hit the fossilized reef. This was a beautiful area whee you not only see the ancient reef, but marine birds and possibly turtles too. Along the reef there is a beach trail that continues into the mangroves, and the scenery is just beautiful. There were many secluded coves at the end of this trail, and places to just find some peace and quiet too.
There is also the Bear Cut Trail, which I thought was actually quite short compared to what was listed. It takes you through dense forest and foliage. The nature center has brochures for all three trails to point out interesting points along the way.
All in all I spent about 6 hours exploring underwater and on land here. The beach itself was nice and spacious, when I came at 9 am there was not another soul in sight, but by 12 pm it did get crowded (weekend day). You can rent kayaks from a beach hut as well as snorkel gear, and there are lifeguards. This was a little bit of paradise, I felt like I was in the Bahamas because the water was so clear and the trails were so much fun to explore.

4 Thank threelittlefish856
Rogers, AR
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Bring your Bicycle”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

The beach, the old zoo site, the bike trails, the cabanas, the ocean, and the views. All I could imagine and...it was totally uncrowded on a midday Wednesday. One of the best bike rides ever. The old zoo site was terrific with all the birds, iguanas, and other wildlife. We will go out of our way to get to this spot again.

3 Thank REDHOG
Trondheim, Norway
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Uncrowded”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a great time here with my family. Everybody loved it. The beach was very uncrowded and we almost had the whole beach to ourselves! Lots of palm trees for shade. The sand is perfect for building sand castles as well. There are functional restrooms and a small playground for toddlers near the parking lot. Great place to get away from the buzz in Miami for a while. Will visit this place again if I return to the Miami area.

2 Thank OyRoy