Silver Sands Beach Resort
$139
$399
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $472/night.

$180
Hotel Urbano(Miami)(Great Value!)
$105
$98
  • Pool
Fortune House Hotel Suites(Miami)(Great Value!)
$151
Conrad.com
  • Restaurant
$199
  • Breakfast included
Atton Brickell Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$149
$117
HotelsClick
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsthe ritzcrandon parklow key placesmall kitcheneither directionbeach hotelslarge poolstove topgreat poolcoffee makerbed was comfortablepool areaocean viewmotelmicrowavemiamiluxury
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in December right before the Holiday rush. A friend at work had recommended it to me. I originally had wanted to stay in South Beach but the rooms were ridiculously expensive. I found out after I arrived that Art Basel had started in South Beach the very day I arrived. This resort was modest but very satisfying. The beach is quite nice and so is the pool. There were very few guests while I was there so it was exceptionally quiet. The front desk personnel were very helpful and friendly. Key Biscayne has several nice restaurants that are close to this resort. The rooms had plenty of room and even had a small kitchen in them. Though the decor is outdated, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. A very nice mellow experience.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool. The other rooms face the parking lot which would detract significantly should you choose to stay at this resort.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Patricia A
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The only choices for hotel lodging in Key Biscayne are the Ritz-Carlton (completely unaffordable for the average joe) and the Silver Sands Resort (great off-season prices and moderate seasonal prices). I stayed there for a weekend orientation at my job and found it to be delightful. We stayed in the Cabins which are a little more expensive but more than worth the extra money.

The gardens are lush and beautiful, the beach is small but you can walk all the way to Crandon Park Beach if you want a bigger beach.

Crandon Beach has cabanas you can rent, a small botanical garden, an outdoor skating rink and lots of picnic areas. It is also within a few blocks of Bill Baggs State Park which has one of the nicest beaches in Miami and a tour-able lighthouse and light-keepers cabin. The pool is clean and large.

I was able to see some of the rooms that were by the pool and they are large and include a small refrigerator and microwave though they are definitely stuck in the 1950's with their terrazzo floors:)

If you are lucky, you might get to see hundreds of large iguana's sunning themselves out back!

The Island has several restaurants nearby and one of the nicest Winn Dixie's I've ever seen. If you do go to Bill Baggs, there is a restaurant at the No Name Harbor (yes, that actually IS it's name:) that has beautiful view of the sunset while the boats are coming into the harbor. There is also a small self service restaurant facing the water on the actual beach. They also rent some multi person bicycles to tour the parking area and you can also rent chairs and umbrellas right by the water.

Room Tip: Definitely stay in the Cabins or facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Mami2three
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I attended a meeting at the only other hotel in Key Biscayne, but since I was travelling on a tight budget I stayed at the Silver Sands Beach Hotel. The walk to the other hotel was a very pleasant one by the beach.
But honestly if it wasn't for the lack of other hotels on the island and the sky high prices of the Ritz, I wouldn't have chosen to stay here. It was (is it still that way?) very strange having to phone them to make a reservation because there is no way you can book online. After providing my credit card details over the phone they wouldn't send me an email cofirming the reservation -which made me jumpy since I normally need that detail when entering the States.
The taxi driver from the airport hadn't heard of the hotel, so I was really anxious that I got skimmed. Luckily, the hotel exists and the people servicing are quite nice. It's quite OK, sort of a motel but right by the beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank evayoOnTheRoad
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here with my 94 year old mom. The front desk personnel, especially Omar and Juan, were very helpful and friendly. The pool is a large size, the landscaping makes one feel as if you were on a tropical island..atmosphere is very laid back. It is like a mom and pop place...if you are looking for luxury this is not the place but if you are looking for a quiet place in which to relax...this is a great place for a family vacation. I will definitely return

Room Tip: We stayed courtside and right by the swimming pool. There are also cabins with a complete kitchen...the rooms have a microwave and a small dorm size frig but no stove/oven
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cuquii
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I love the beaches at Crandon park on Key Biscayne so I looked for a hotel on the beach. Silver sands was perfect and affordable. (ritz was very expensive and next door)
Motel style , very "70's or 60's" very basic and clean. Lush grounds and a great pool.
Unfortunately the beach closed on our 3rd day for repairs but we had the pool to ourselves ; must have been off season.
No frills or amenities - each room has a kitchenette so we had a fridge micro and coffee maker - was perfect
The island has a Winn Dixie and Cvs
And my favorite "la carretta" Cuban restaurant
Beds were comfy , a/c was a window unit
It was quite cold in the room
I recommend this hotel - would be great for families not fancy

• Stayed: June 2012