The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami
Hotel Urbano(Miami)(Great Value!)
$135
$125
  • Pool
Fortune House Hotel Suites(Miami)(Great Value!)
$149
$251
$233
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
Atton Brickell Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$199
$140
HotelsClick
$750
2,183 results
All reviewsfamily poolthe cantinaadult poolthe mexican restaurantclub levelrum barsouth beachzero entrywinn dixieocean fronthotel groundsturn down servicean umbrellapool servicelong weekendper dayoceanfront room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2005

The Ritz is very nice. Service is ok.

The are some things to consider though.

Upon check in I found I had to shout at the desk clerk because of the loud band playing nearby in the lobby lounge area. Shouting at clerks, bad thing. Sure enough I got a room that didn't have a balcony, just some thing they love in Florida called a step out balcony, which is 6 inches wide. I went back and the band luckily shut up enough for me to charm a room with a real balcony and nice view of the beach.

When I got into the room I found it wasn't ready, heck, it was such a mess I looked for clothes to make sure it wasn't already occupied. I actually had to write a list of basic things to be cleaned and called the desk. The night manager was very accomodating and got a guy from housekeeping up right away. The next morning I found 2 complimentary liter bottles of Evian outside my door, thanks.

The hotel is beautiful, very high quality, and you will be hard pressed to find anything dirty, cracked or chipped.

YOU pay for this though. Everything is to the moon expensive. I paid $40 for breakfast, $71 for lunch and $100 for dinner (all just for me). Between food and drinks I dropped $500 for 3 days. There are a lot of hotel taxes you should be aware of, your room cost is at least $50+ more than you think. Go to the little store there and buy a shirt for $140 if you want.
This place is basically for people to show off their money. Locate the side exits to the beach so you don't disturb the decor of the lobby with your flip flops (they actually have a dress code for the lobby).

I got what I wanted mostly, a nice room with a balcony and a great view of the beach.

If you go to 1 of the 2 crowded pools bring a can of bug spray, you will get eaten alive before noon by the mosquitos. At night its even worse. You can get dressed up and have a wonderful expensive dinner then get eaten alive on your lovely stroll to the beach afterwards. The place is dead at night. The weather is extremely humid with little wind and the sun strong. You can stay out maybe an hour before you get sick of sweating like a pig, even in the shade. The service at the pool stinks. You pay a lot, of course, and have to throw a brick at one of the attendants to get attention.

Take a walk on the beach and you encounter horrible amounts of sea weed. They actually use a tractor in the morning to scoop it away. I also encountered a rubber glove and a urine filled medical bottle as well.

I know I didn't go into detail about the bathroom, etc amenities, assume they are good, they are, but not much better than other nice hotels.

Just get that Ritz baseball cap and brag to your friends about how nice the place was.

• Stayed: July 2005
12  Thank atxtraveller
Reviewed August 14, 2005

We stayed in an executive club suite for $639 per night. Since we have a baby, we were in our room quite a bit so the high price tag was worth every penny for us. We loved our room on the club level, but we were disappointed to fly from Texas to see a beach no better than the south Texas coast! And the pool is way too small with beach chairs crammed together side by side. Not at all inviting. I recommend car service set up in advance by the hotel concierge for $200 RT. Having such a pleasant driver and safe ride was worth it to us.

What I loved:
suite with view of the ocean
club level food and drinks
food service and cabana ($30 a day) at the beach
pool cantina with live music
excellent service by bellmen, check-in staff, concierge and housekeeping
accommodations for babies (they gave my 4 1/2 month old a gift of a night light, cushy faucet cover, Tylenol, diaper rash creme, J&J products and the crib linens were just as luxurious as our bed. They even have swim diapers at the pool.)

Disappointments:
the pool - way too crowded and not at all inviting
the beach - scorching, gritty sand, murky water and seaweed everywhere

• Stayed: August 2005
10  Thank NativeAustinite
A TripAdvisor Member
Kansas City
Reviewed August 13, 2005

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton for a business meeting. Let's just say, not impressive. Yes, the fresh flowers in the lobby are nice, and the entrance to the resort is impressive. But there are chinks in the armor. Asked for a wake-up call one morning @ 6:30 am and they called me @ 4:30 am instead! Happened to my other three colleagues, too, that same morning. When we inquired at the front desk, they were completely clueless and couldn't give us an answer. The pool water is like hot bathwater, not refreshing at all. The beach is filthy with seaweed and litter. Nasty! The pool attendants were all in a coma and didn't seem to want to get us towels, get chair covers, etc. Our room was really humid and sticky, which is expected in Florida. When we called to get a de-humidifier for the room, they bring us a humidifier instead. Just what the room needs, more humidity! When we asked for the de-humidifier again, they said they didn't have any. If this is the best place on Key Biscayne, go somewhere else! Language barrier, while to be expected, is a big problem. Some of the service people don't understand very basic requests. Would never stay there again nor refer people there, either.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2005

A lovely property with some limitations.

The good:
Rooms are very nice and pleasant, including the "garden view" standard room we got for a good price on Expedia.
Elegant surroundings and nice appointments throughout.
Staff are courteous and helpful.
Housekeeping was excellent.
Nice workout room with good equipment (stairclimbers x2, treadmills x4, stationary bikes x4, some free weights and a few weight machines).
The beach is pleasant. Water is not an attraction, though.
Most rooms have balconies (although ours did not).

The not-so-good:
Prices for everything on property are sky high, without exception.
Shrimp Cocktail at the pool = $16 for three large shrimp.
Beer at the pool = $6.
Valet parking is the only option and is $23 per day -- more than I paid for my rental car per day. Plan ahead as it takes a while to get your car back.
Shade at the beach will cost you. To rent an umbrella is $10. To rent a double chaise with fold-over shade is $30. There is no other shade available at the beach.
The pools are not large enough to handle the guests. We could not find a spare chair our first day there and shade was at an even greater premium.
The sauna in the spa is not hot enough to be effective.
The whirlpool in the spa is under repair at the moment.

• Stayed: August 2005
10  Thank OttoSchwartz
A TripAdvisor Member
Central Michigan
Reviewed August 8, 2005

This place is awesome. Completely first class, and beautiful. We stayed on the club level, which I am torn about. It was about an extra $100 a day, but you got access to 5 food preperations a day. Most of which was to "fancy" for me to enjoy. I was just wanting some simple food, not lavish displays of stuff that looked better then it tasted. (I guess that tells you alot about me and the point of view at which I evaluated this resort.) My take on the club level is that if you are more into gourmet food, and if you drank (we don't) you would have definately gotten you money's worth in drinks, wine and food. I bet next time I stay here it won't include the club level.

I was very impressed by the atmosphere, by the flowers and ground, by the live music in resort on friday and saturday night, and by the over all experince.

I was disappointed by the beach and all of the nasty seaweed. I love the pool areas at the resort though. My wife and I spent most of our time at the pool or on South Beach.

The biggest bummer of it all is that I am back to work now, and not laying in the sun.

Stayed: August 2005