The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami
Hotel Urbano(Miami)(Great Value!)
$105
$98
  • Pool
Fortune House Hotel Suites(Miami)(Great Value!)
$152
Conrad.com
  • Restaurant
$199
  • Breakfast included
Atton Brickell Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$149
$119
Official Hotel
Hotels.com
2,205 results
All reviewsfamily poolthe cantinaadult poolthe mexican restaurantclub levelrum barsouth beachzero entrywinn dixieocean fronthotel groundsturn down servicean umbrellapool servicelong weekendper dayoceanfront room
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was not impressed with this hotel last week during my stay. Rooms were badly in need of renovation -- seemed like a hack job on their previous renovation many years ago with baseboards chipped throughout, cracks in grout between the tiles, squeaky bed, minimal outlets throughout, plastic pergo floors in the entryway of each room, terrible views from the room facing another roof and subpar customer service. I've stayed at 10 different Ritz Carlton resorts in the world and I can say with absolute certainty that this one was the worst.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Ryan W
Rosie S, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Ryan W,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. As our valued guest we are extremely disappointed to learn of your experience and apologize that your visit was not up to our Ritz-Carlton standards.
We would be most appreciative for the opportunity to personally speak with you. Kindly contact the Executive office 305-365-4500, at your convenience, should you wish to discuss your stay further.

Kimberly Wilson

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is a nice property and professionally run. The staff is well trained and knows what to say but they don’t always deliver. Prior to arrival, I received a nice welcome email asking about preferences. I responded and got an "out of office reply" with another email to forward it to. I did but it bounced back as not recognizable. While Checking in, simple requests were not honored because hotel was very full but like a well trained staff they promised to block a room for the next day and would help us move. While checking in, I noticed that people who booked and paid using Ritz/Marriott points got any room they wanted - upgrades, views, gifts, etc., while people like me who were paying $1000/night had no luck with front desk.
The room wasn’t ready but we arrived early - they said they would call us once room ready and took our cell phone number- after 4 hours we checked and yes the room was ready but no one had called.
Other minor issues during the stay - Turn down service removed all towels and left 1 hand towel. This was resolved in 15 second with a call to housekeeping but still.... Charging $20 for an umbrella on the beach is insulting. Paying $1000 a night and then charging $20 to use an umbrella - cash only.
The next day the room opened up that we wanted and we had asked them to move our bags which we had packed. The front desk said it was taken care of and not to worry as we were going to be away from the hotel for the day. Upon returning late in the evening, not only was the room not correct but no one had moved the bags. Again - after 40 minutes we had our bags moved - not a big deal but traveling with an 8 year old at night we don’t want to wait.
I’ve stayed at this property before and always enjoyed it so was disappointed about all the promises made but no delivery. I called to talk to the manager about the stay because I felt they should know. The front desk person took the call so he could tell the manager what it was about. He took all the info and my contact information. He even said they had a person that dealt exclusively with guest related issues. Again - promises and no follow through. It’s been 3 weeks and still haven’t heard from anyone – don’t expect to. Come on - the hotel is a Ritz property - follow through and deliver on what you promise.

Room Tip: Use points to book a room dont pay with cash or credit card - People who actually pay are 2nd class guests. Ask if the room has chairs on the balcony or you may end up with a balcony that you cant stand on.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RR22RR
Rosie S, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Eric R,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on Trip Advisor. We take all of our guest’s feedback extremely seriously, and use it improve our resort and the experiences that we provide to our guests.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced, we would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss them directly with you. Please contact the Executive Offices at 305 365 4500, at your convenience, so that we may address your concerns further.

Kimberly Wilson

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Just had our fourth stay here. We take a maximum of one trip per year, so the fact that we've been back here four times says it all. The property is a tropical paradise and the service is spectacular. The staff at the Ritz manages to make sure you want for nothing at any time, and somehow does it graciously, without seeming to dislike their jobs. The bars are fantastic because of the great skills and personas of the bartenders, making it a really fun place to hang around. Staff everywhere, from the beach and pool to the housekeepers, are friendly and lovely to everyone. Food and drinks are excellent, as you'd expect. Grounds are exquisitely landscaped and kept up. Key Biscayne is quiet and tropical - it's two state parks are fabulous for bike riding and beaches. It is all very expensive, but you'll have an experience that's really a complete departure from daily life - unlike any other that we've had.

Room Tip: Less expensive rooms, while facing the island instead of the ocean, do get a lovely view of the sunset over the bay every day. We got a great package deal that included breakfast daily and a $50 a day resort credit (very easy to spend at the Ritz before lunch).
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed here about four years ago and always wished we had a chance to come back. With our winter, we decided it was time to return.

Our last time we had a room facing the ocean with a microwave, toaster and fridge. This time our room was facing the opposite direction but we did have a corner unit so we had a partial ocean view. We had to request a fridge, but it wasn't a problem.

We worked with the concierge to set up transport to and from the airport as we didn't want to rent a minivan. They set us up with Aventura transport that picked us up in a large SUV and provided a car seat (we brought two boosters). Everything was arranged well and the service was awesome. Just not dealing with the car rental was awesome.

The hotel service is tremendous. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by name and we were lucky enough to have a room available when we checked in at noon. We spent most of our time at the pool but did take advantage of the park across the street. We had lunch and dinner at the Cantina, which is ok. The Cantina doubles as the grill service for the pool. It is very expensive for what it is. We didn't eat at Dune or the italian restaurant on property. We went across the street to the mall to eat at Archie's where we ran into Roger Federer. We also walked down the way to eat at Puntino but I am not sure I would recommend it. You may find the on property Italian selection better for a bit more money. We also had breakfast on property and were very happy to hear kids 5 and under eat free. The brunch was just what needed one morning.

The concierge service was outstanding. John Polatsek was a big help and always had a quick answer to my questions. You should lean on them if you are staying at the hotel. They are a great resource.

All in all, a great hotel. We were very happy to return. My only complaint was I found the bed to be a bit soft for my likes (too much plush top) and the pillows also a bit soft. That said, my wife was super comfy with both the bed and pillows.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2014

And I'm sure you pay a lot here. And you get it.

If you are reading reviews of the R-C in KB, either price doesn't matter to you, or your company is paying and price doesn't matter to you. Either way, this place is wonderful.

My company paid for me to stay here 3 nights. First, great location, if being convenient to South Beach is not important. Thin but long, decent beach; two pools; nice gym; and all the gracious common areas you would expect. If you are here for the Sony Open Tennis, it's about a mile away with a shuttle running all day with no traffic. Perfect.

And everytime you turn around you bump into a cheerful employee holding a door, wishing you well, asking to help and otherwise going beyond what they're paid.

My room was large with high ceilings, a kitchenette, a bathroom the size of a bedroom (but no where near the shower to hang a towel...and no where in the shower to put soap...??) with turn-down service and chocolates. Nice.

That said, if they offer you #264, and you want a view of something other than the front driveway, ask for another room.

I had one wonderful breakfast (got the "continental buffet" which is the full buffet minus hot things), a truly memorable seared ahi tuna salad for a lunch, and a tasty mexican scallops dish for dinner at the beachside cantina restaurant.

Again, if you can afford it, or someone else can for you, and you want to be on Key Biscayne, the Ritz fits the bill.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business