The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami
Hotel Urbano(Miami)(Great Value!)
$146
$125
  • Pool
Fortune House Hotel Suites(Miami)(Great Value!)
$149
$251
$233
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
Atton Brickell Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$199
$140
HotelsClick
$750
2,183 results
All reviewsfamily poolthe cantinaadult poolthe mexican restaurantclub levelrum barsouth beachzero entrywinn dixieocean fronthotel groundsturn down servicean umbrellapool servicelong weekendper dayoceanfront room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This property has aged but is still well kept. I think the best quality of this hotel is the service: all staff is courteous, and willing to accommodate.
I am pleasantly surprised to see many families with young children from oversea.
Although the food is overprized as some reviewers has mentioned, there are ways to enjoy this hotel without being ruined:
- Breakfast: Instead of ordering just plain fresh fruit juice I ordered fresh orange+pineapple+strawberries and I was charged a regular fruit juice. It came as 2 full cups of smoothies (without yogourt) and was charged only 6$ - the price of a fruit juice
- Dinner: I was not very hungry but wanted to try 2 plates to the Cioppino restaurant gladly accepted that I ordered a half order of seafood sphaghetti (13$) and a half order of Cioppino (19$). For that price I think this was the best quality-cost Cioppino I have ever had, with a giant gambas deliciously cooked (see picture). The broth was sophisticated, rich and tasty. It was so delicious that I had to re-order the second evening.

Accommodating staff:

- Upon check in I was given a room that I did not like (parking view). Although the price I paid was for a very basic room, the check in staff went beyond his duty to change to a better room for me
- I came back very late on the second night and called the restaurant before the closing time to order food to pick up before going to my room. I arrived 45 min after the restaurant was closed but they waited for me and timed the cooking of the Cioppino so that it stayed hot until came. The staff even provided silver utensils and a large plate to eat in my room.
- My little coffee machine was broken and I called down to check if they have complimentary coffee downstairs. The lady said that they will send up complimentary coffee with my fruit juice that I ordered. They also surprised me with 2 huge complimentary madeleines with the coffee.

All in all, it was a very good stay and I will certainly come back if I have an opportunity.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not assigned a "Parking view"
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Had the pleasure of spending a week at this property in June 2013. We without hesitation strongly recommend this property if you are vacationing with children of ALL ages because to hotel makes things very easy for you.

If you are an older couple traveling sans children, there are plenty of ways to relax, don't be fearful that you'll be laying by the pool listening to children playing loudly all day...this property has an Adult ONLY pool as well...

The only disadvantage is that you really do want to have a car if you want to experience the good restaurants in Miami Beach or Brickell because you are on an island or Key.

Cyclists and runners will enjoy this property as well because there are SO many places to explore.

Room Tip: We got booked into a 'Ocean view room' for just a little bit more but perhaps because it was the beginning of the hotel's slow season...don't get me wrong....it was fantastic but you are going to want to spend all of your time outside, so we really didn't use view unless for sunrise and sunset. If you are traveling with kids....knowing how fickle they can be eating....you must seriously consider paying for the club access. The food displays daily are excellent and everyone will find something....and you'll spend far less time and money in the long run. (Keep in mind you don't have to book a club floor room to pay for this amenity)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2013

How anyone can spend a weekend in this hotel and give it 1 star baffles me. From the minute you arrive, you are spoiled to the extreme. Nothing is a problem for the staff and the accommodation is first class. I spent the weekend at the pool and it was great. I will visit this hotel any chance I get to be in Miami....wonderful.

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed three nights and wished we had more time. The hotel is situated exactly in the middle of the island of Key Biscayne. From the property you can stroll the beach to either of the two state parks. The hotel has beautiful grounds and gardens which are elegantly landscaped. Two types of pool set ups are available, one for families and one for adults. The hotel provided refreshments at poolside, fruit infused waters and pretzels or fresh fruit. If you want something more substantial there is a cafe poolside well. Another nice touch,the hotel stocked two different SPF sunscreens which they made available to bathers. The pools border the beach and the hotel will set up lawn chairs and umbrellas on the sand should so you desire.

The decor and cleanliness of the hotel's public areas are really satisfactory for the climate and clientele, although there are a couple of chairs in the main lobby which are beginning to show their age. The public rest rooms were spotless and were properly stocked with soap and paper.

I agreed with other guests regarding the comfort of the beds. The mattress toppers and pillows as well as the mattresses were luxurious. Fresh smelling toiletries were provided in the bathroom.

Incredible service was consistently offered. An example...I forgot to pack two unusual items, a satin pillowcase and a microfiber towel. I asked one of the uniformed staff in the hallway she brought me to the concierge desk. Stopping at nothing short of getting my supplies, the concierge located my items at a local pharmacy and offered to have it delivered directly to me. I offered to pick it up and the concierge provided a map and specific directions, down to the aisle in which I would locate the items when I arrived.

Spa services are of high quality provided by supremely trained professionals. The center was relaxing with all the amenities necessary for individual comfort.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Arbie56
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed overnight at this hotel and it was wonderful. A bit pricey though. The cabana restaurant near the pool area was fabulous. Had drinks there and wonderful guacamole and then dined in their inside Restaurant which was extremely pricey for dinner with small portions. Service good and very nice atmosphere. We had breakfast there the next morning and it was a bit more reasonable but still way overpriced. The room was elegant, clean and comfortable. Would stay there again but not dine there. Will go across the street to the strip center and dine at the seafood restaurant there.

Room Tip: Trip to get a discount since it is very expensive.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends