“Fabulous Ritz Carlton!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Key Biscayne
ChicagoArea
“Fabulous Ritz Carlton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here pre-cruise, and were so impressed. We've stayed at many other Ritz Carltons over the years, and this was in our opinion the best. Great setting, great service, and absolutely beautiful. We're going back in August for a week, and we can't wait!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LoveTheLuxuyr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Korean first
Crawfordsburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne and it continues to be one of our all time favourite Hotels. From being met at the grand entrance to the Hotel where they remember your name from the last visit until you leave, you are treated like royalty. It is very expensive compared to most other Hotels, but I think it is worth it, just to spoil yourselves once in a while.
Everything about the Hotel is on a grand scale and therefore quite expensive if you decide to dine in the Hotel each evening. However there are one or two very nice places to eat fairly close by and are really top notch. Although the Hotel at Key Biscayne is fairly secluded without all that much to do locally, it really is only about 15 minutes away from downtown Miami by car.
The only gripe I would have about the Hotel - there is no self parking which means it is very expensive (valet Parking) and sometimes you do have to wait a while for your car to be delivered to the door. Apart from that, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone, even if was only for a few days.- top class.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank IvorMcGucken
Dallas, tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here for a conference and the theme for everyone during that time was the service was great during the weekend but dropped off once the week began. I actually lost my cell phone getting out of the cab when I arrived and the hotel concierge went way above the call of duty to track it down between calling the cab company and the later finding the phone of the hotel grounds where I dropped it (unfortunately it was on silent). I was very impressed from the start. Then as Monday hit, service became slow and inconsistent. I ordered room service the afternoon before for a meeting I was having and it was late and was not right. A lunch meeting in the hotel restaurant took way longer than it needed to be because of service. I found out later it was just not me. For the prices we were paying I was disappointed about that.

Let me say that the rooms are nice and large and I was upgraded to a suite. The grounds are beautiful and I would highly recommend the hotel based on all of these. Location is fabulous as well. I would certainly give this place another chance in hopes that service would be better for a Ritz.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cseanmc
Rosie S, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear cseanmc,
Thank you for selecting to stay at The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami, and sharing your feedback. We appreciate your comments as they help us always be the best that we can be.
I do apologize that the service was not as expected towards the end of your visit and are grateful that you will give us another opportunity to make it up to you. Should you need assistance with future reservations please contact the Executive Office and we will be happy to personally assist you.
Albany, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The problem? Makes my Marriott timeshare investment feel like work...will end every timeshare trip with time at a ritz if possible which is what we did here after two weeks at Marriott doral beach.....ritz is fabulous....great service...exceptional better said...they cater to children and build loyalty at young age, my girls love the ritz bc of the 25. Kids eat all day meal plan...it was fantastic...great pool days in cabanas and desired to go no where....

Stayed June 2013
4 Thank DenyseAlbany_NY
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I recently wanted to document our July 4th weekend at the Ritz on Key Biscayne and entrusted the Photography Concierge to take pictures of our two children, ourselves, and the 4 grandparents. Cheryl was an amazing photographer, patient, professional and most importantly with an A+++ end result. We love the photos she took of our family, a memory forever. David Canal who manages the photography concierge was very helpful and patient. We are most appreciative of the entire experience.We will certainly work with the photography concierge again on future visits to the Ritz on Key Biscayne (one of our favorite hotels in the world).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Alexandra W
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We're Floridians and stayed for a long weekend. The Ritz Carlton at Key Biscayne is a great relaxing get-away. I can't say enough about the hotel staff, EVERYONE is polite, pleasant and offers a smile. Great guest relations manager, Mery, front desk: Fayne. Fabulous staff. Very comfortable rooms, nice pools. The beach is a typical Key Biscayne beach, not very wide, unfortunately. The food at the restaurant pool side hotels was delicious.

The bicycles we rented were just ok as far as quality. They were a bit uncomfortable and one blew a tire. The hotel felt badly about this, but it would be nice to match the bicycles to the people to ensure comfort. The ride to the Bill Baggs Park was very pleasant and the park itself is very nice, with 2 restaurants and a lighthouse to visit.

Room Tip: We had a room with just a partial ocean view, but we didn't care as we didn't plan on stayin...