“Good italian with modern flare” 3 of 5 bubbles

Puntino Key Biscayne
Ranked #17 of 70 Restaurants in Key Biscayne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good italian with modern flare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Staying down the street we wanted an Italian restaurant within walking distance. A few years back we went to Vito's but it seems they have moved on. Puntino's looked interesting. It has some indoor and outdoor seating. The menu was fine, if not a bit on the modern side of Italian.

The service was very good and I had no complaints with my meal. The wine selection was very good, but a bit expensive. That said, it did push me into a wonderful glass of brunello because it was $2 more than most of the other selections. Most of the menu selections were $18 to $24 or so. Wines by the glass were $12 to $18 but most of the selections were about $15.

2 Thank VermontGolfer

Boston, Massachusetts
“Little Italy, right in Key Biscayne”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

It may not look like much, tucked in a strip mall, but don't let the appearance fool you. We happened upon Puntino by accident, coming back late from an outing in the Everglades. Hungry, we pulled in, hoping to grab a pizza. Well, it turns out that Puntino's is a two-fer: a casual, wood burning oven pizza restaurant, and an upscale excellent Italian restaurant. The pizza is divine - probably 20 different varieties, and done in real Naples style - chewy, thin, and good "gravy". We decided to return for a nice dinner later in the week, and I'm glad that we did. I am Italian, and a good cook - so I am a bit of a snob when it comes to Italian food in a restaurant. If I'm going to pay for it, it has to be better than something that I would make at home. Puntino scored high marks from everyone at the table in this regard. My sons love to eat, and they really enjoyed their meals. We all ordered different antipasti, pasta and entrees - multiple courses for everyone. Not a speck left over for doggie bags, that's how good it was! Despite being incredibly full, we made room for dessert. So glad that we did - dessert was terrific too. Don't miss the creme brulee! I'd come back here in a heartbeat!

Miami, Florida
“AMAZING !! Food was fantastic, great environment, nice decoration, and EXCELENT service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

AMAZING !! Food was fantastic, great environment, nice decoration, and EXCELENT service. It was my first time there with my boyfriend, we asked for the waiter's suggestion and he reccomended the crab ravioli for my bf and I had the lasagna.. AMAZING, authentic italian food. The service is awesome, we didn't have to ask for anything. Everyone was very attentive. Me and my boyfriend had a wonderful time. I would reccomend this place to any one.. From a work meeting to a romantic date.

Alabama USA
“Pizza or fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

There are two Puntinos....one store front apart. We went to the casual pizzeria complete with wood burning oven. Authentic Italian pizzas served in a family atmosphere. Excellent caprese salad! House chianti very good by the glass. Lots of children around. Fun place....would go again.

1 Thank Clovernookwilly
Key Biscayne, Florida
“Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great Italian cusine with excellent service. Less than great setting however. Dessert is fabulous. We had excellent veal Marsala and lemon torte for dessert.

• Visited February 2014