“Little Italy, right in Key Biscayne”

Puntino Key Biscayne
Ranked #17 of 73 Restaurants in Key Biscayne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014

It may not look like much, tucked in a strip mall, but don't let the appearance fool you. We happened upon Puntino by accident, coming back late from an outing in the Everglades. Hungry, we pulled in, hoping to grab a pizza. Well, it turns out that Puntino's is a two-fer: a casual, wood burning oven pizza restaurant, and an upscale excellent Italian restaurant. The pizza is divine - probably 20 different varieties, and done in real Naples style - chewy, thin, and good "gravy". We decided to return for a nice dinner later in the week, and I'm glad that we did. I am Italian, and a good cook - so I am a bit of a snob when it comes to Italian food in a restaurant. If I'm going to pay for it, it has to be better than something that I would make at home. Puntino scored high marks from everyone at the table in this regard. My sons love to eat, and they really enjoyed their meals. We all ordered different antipasti, pasta and entrees - multiple courses for everyone. Not a speck left over for doggie bags, that's how good it was! Despite being incredibly full, we made room for dessert. So glad that we did - dessert was terrific too. Don't miss the creme brulee! I'd come back here in a heartbeat!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

AMAZING !! Food was fantastic, great environment, nice decoration, and EXCELENT service. It was my first time there with my boyfriend, we asked for the waiter's suggestion and he reccomended the crab ravioli for my bf and I had the lasagna.. AMAZING, authentic italian food. The service is awesome, we didn't have to ask for anything. Everyone was very attentive. Me and my boyfriend had a wonderful time. I would reccomend this place to any one.. From a work meeting to a romantic date.

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

There are two Puntinos....one store front apart. We went to the casual pizzeria complete with wood burning oven. Authentic Italian pizzas served in a family atmosphere. Excellent caprese salad! House chianti very good by the glass. Lots of children around. Fun place....would go again.

1  Thank Clovernookwilly
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great Italian cusine with excellent service. Less than great setting however. Dessert is fabulous. We had excellent veal Marsala and lemon torte for dessert.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

If you're in the mood for an authentic Italian pizza on a lovely Miami day, head to Puntino's on the Key. There are white tablecloths even if you dine outside and handsome and charming waiters will clean the crumbs off them between courses in the old school European fashion.