“Memories of a Lifetime”

Florida Native Charters
Ranked #4 of 16 Tours in Key Biscayne
More attraction details
Owner description: Full-service USCG Licensed inshore flats fishing guide. Captain Tom Weber specializes in Biscayne Bay fishing for Sharks, Monster Barracuda, Bonefish, Permit, Tarpon and Shallow Water Grouper. Exciting 4 hour night Tarpon fishing trips for traveling business professionals and vacationers. Captain Tom is a courteous guide who works extra hard to make sure you have a delightful and fulfilling day on the water. Capt Tom also provides Miami boat tours and Photography tours by water.
SoCal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Memories of a Lifetime”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I chose Florida Native Charters from the excellent reviews here in TripAdvisor. He took me, my 15 year old son and his best friend for a full day charter. First, he took us bait fishing which was a great way to start the kids in learning how to cast and get the general feel of using a fishing rod. Then he took us out to the bay, all the while explaining the area and what to expect to see. He really knows this area so well that he knew exactly where to go. He helped the boys cast to catch permit fish. We were so excited when one took the bait - it took 20 mins to reel in the 20+ pound permit. He looked around some more and spotted a second permit, again he cast out, and we hooked a second permit - a 30+ pound. He then took us to the shark area. At first, there weren't any to be seen. Capt. Tom could have easily given up and taken us back - but he was so persistent that we WERE going to see sharks so he threw out chum and persistently searched for them. They finally started coming around - and we finally hooked a lemon shark. It took three of us (taking turns) reeling in this 180+ pound lemon shark.

It's important to note that Capt. Tom is very ecologically minded. We release the 2 permit fish we caught and the bait fish that weren't the legal size. Oh yea, we released the lemon shark too. :-)

What a great experience for all of us! This is truly a day that the boys will remember for a long time.
Thank you so much Capt. Tom for your patience and hard work in making this day so special.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank funtravelsSoCal

Edwardsville, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome day of fishing with my son”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Wanted to take my 10 year old son out for a half day of fishing in the bay near Key Biscayne. Tom started us out by putting us on a lemon shark that ended up being over 100 lbs and almost more than we could handle. After that it was off to fish with the lighter tackle for some grouper, snapper, etc. We literally sat for 2 hours and rarely did we not have at lease one fish on a hook at any given moment. Lots of great memories both of us. I could have spent the entire trip taking pictures of the smile on my son's face while Capt. Tom taught him technique and showed him the difference between the different kinds of fish he kept hauling up out of the water. Would definitely recommend Florida Native Charters to anyone.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank trentmiracle
Chicago, Illinois
“This guy is worth every penny!!!!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Went out on Saturday with Captain Tom Weber in search of tarpon and permit in Biscayne Bay just South of Miami Beach. Tom put us on a group of permit within 5 minutes of pulling into the first spot. The action was non-stop all morning. After hunting permit in the flats we went in search of tarpon. Tom's secret tarpon spot paid off and I landed my first tarpon, a giant which tipped the scales at over 80 pounds! Tom is one of the hardest working guides I've ever had the pleasure to fish with. I highly recommend contacting him if you are in the Miami area and are looking to go out for a day of fishing.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Constant Action”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Recently went fishing with Tom Weber. Found him to be outstanding in his local fishing knowledge and competence. He did what we all want when we fish with a guide. Kept me constantly catching a multitude of different species of fish on light tackle. Had a blast, including the proverbial monster tarpon who got away after about a 30 minute fight.

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I Bow To This Tarpon King!”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I fish everywhere and often -- and I've learned over the years that a great guide is a better kept secret than a great fishing hole. Still, because of the extraordinary level of service, expertise, and guidance, I feel obligated to tell anyone who is on a Tarpon quest to quit dithering and go directly to Captain Tom Weber at Florida Native Charters. He will hook you up!

3 Thank jimLowell