“Terrific bakery fare in KB”
Review of La Boulangerie

La Boulangerie
Ranked #11 of 73 Restaurants in Key Biscayne
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Tough not fancy, this is a great spot for good pastries , fresh salads and tasty sandwiches. Recommended.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

For Coffee, pastries and Croissants these are not only the best on the island but I suspect amonst the best in Miami. All made on the premesis by the way.

1  Thank mdwubu
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Delicious baguette, croissant, pastries. Breakfast menu is excellent. Service is regular and can be very slow in busy days.

1  Thank Taralta
Reviewed May 9, 2011

One of the best croissants I've ever had and I've had many. Flaky, light, soooo buttery - my mouth is watering. We tried the plain, apple, chocolate and guava/cheese. All were really yummy. Coffee was good too. We took it to go, the place was crowded on a weekday morning. Yes, it is pricey but totally worth it.

1  Thank annaaas
Reviewed March 17, 2010

From the moment we entered the space I should have listened to the red flags that few everywhere. We entered asked to see a menu and were handed a lunch menu, so far so good. We decided to eat outside. Our server approached after quite the delay and aksed the general questions about a drink with an attitude of "I could careless". After Our order was placed the waiting game began. lunch did show up after quite a wait. I ordered the turkey sandwich which cosisted of TWO dries out slices of turkey, shredded lettuce, avocado and speical mayonaise. Our orders came with potato chips...seriously they looked like they came from the bottom of the bag after being hit by a car! They resembled nothing like any form of "chip" I had ever seen. Ironically while trying to get down the driest baggette sandwich I had ever experienced I noticed what was the Manager or owner seated directly across from us at the next table. He proceeded to take up a table that are "common tables" shared by other restaurants in the strip and call around to real estate agents looking for a new apartment. He had little or no interest in his restaurant operation and it showed. The lack of interest was from the front of the house to the management. That was the only thing that was consistant. Our bill came with the fewest words ever bofore spoken form a server. No "how was everythig". No, "I can take that when you're ready". On the way through our bill was collected to be cashed out. Upon it's return was the usual customer copy and a house copy. There as plain as day was the most souring thing about this experience...A 15 PERCENT GRATUITY ADDED TO A PARTY OF TWO ! Understand this, two sandwiches, two bottled iced teas and %15 added to the toal !! Just when I thought I had see it all at this place was the final straw. UNDER the Already added %15 gratuity was a line for a TIP. Yes to add insult to injury this business has the nerve to ask for a tip on top of %15 already added to your lunch bill for two people.

There is something very simple to be learned here. Gratuity and Tips are in the hands of the customer not the establishment. We were not a party of 6 or 8. We were a party of 2. When asked to explain the %15 our server said that it is added to all orders. Fifteen percent right off the top to be served by this restaurant or lack there of. When we told the server we felt that this was not right his response was "wasn't the service good?" This restaurant and manager/owner needs to take a course in Customer Service, something that is lacking at the highest level here. This establishment has never heard the words "the customer comes first" Frankly, it's the other way around.

1  Thank RestaurantTravler