“Tasty steak, good service”

Baxter's Bar & Grill
Ranked #75 of 164 Restaurants in Amelia Island
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Food was very tasty. My petite filet was cooked just the way I like it- really pink! The server was very helpful in bringing some soup right away for my very hungry child.

1  Thank FSUsunshinegal

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We live here and enjoy this place. We split the ribeye on a sizzling platter and love it. We usually ask for Stephanie which is a great waitress and a lot of fun. This is a good place and the bar is fun place to sit at and see the locals.

1  Thank bigdaddyFlorida
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Do not eat here if you are in any bit of a hurry. The servers take forever...even if you are the only table in te restaurant (went three different times). The food is good and the price points aren't bad bc you do get a decent amount if food. The bread is great. Angel filet and grouper are very good.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Baxter's is a decent place if you want to sit at the bar or in a deep booth for some privacy. They are known for their steaks but, having tried a couple of them, I'm underwhelmed. They're about as good as you'd find at any average restaurant.
There is clearly a fan club for Baxter's and It seems their enthusiasm is what makes Baxter's a special destination for them.
I guess the best way to describe it... When a friend says, "Let's go to Baxter's. They have great steaks" I just go. It's not bad enough to argue for an alternative. But it's not good enough to go on my own.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband picked this place and we're glad he did. AWESOME "local" restaurant. One of the best meals we had while on the Island. EVERYTHING was delicious, the service, by Kay, was timely and professional, while friendly, too. Our steaks were perfect and the shrimp cocktail that I enjoyed was just right! If you're looking for one of those places the locals like to go for a nice dinner out, check out Baxters!