“Nice local place!”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Had the NY Strip and it was very good. I skipped the salad and had French onion soup that was terrible. All in all I would go back.

2  Thank Randyhu

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our first night of Restaurant Week was spent at Baxter's. Either a Caesar or mixed green salad could be chosen and I had the mixed. My entree choice was Chicken Florentine. I was served a nice sized breast stuffed with spinach and cheese. It was accompanied by mashed potatoes and green beans, carrots, and squash. I chose the Rainbow Sorbet for dessert and the entire meal was delightful. The price for my "deal" was $20.13.

My husband had the other Restaurant Week entree choice which was an 8 oz. ribeye steak with grilled shrimp. It, too, came with the mashed potatoes and seasonal veggies. He chose vanilla ice cream and his dinner was $30.13. Strange pricing but all the restaurants use these same numbers. The only problem with his meal was the shrimp were topped with pineapple which made them sweet.

We both think we got a real deal and enjoyed our food and experience. We will be doing a different restaurant every night for the next week with friends and will post our experiences. I think Restaurant Week is a wonderful way to try new restaurants or old ones with new foods. Get ready Amelia Island, here we come!!!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Even though the restaurant was not recommended by our concierge, we decided to try it anyway since they had a few awards on their Angus Steaks.... We love Angus steaks so we gave it a try. We are "Morton's" fans so we had a very good base to judge the food especially the steaks. The atmosphere is more like a basic family restaurant with "no" frills. Truly nothing fancy. The calamares were delicious and tender. My husband had a steak and it was tender and done as he requested. Potatoes and salads were also good. I had the Linguini Seafood Pasta. Great taste but the pasta was overcooked and too much sauce. It overwhelmed the seafood. Price point is good. Service good. Price point good.

1  Thank Savytrotter
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We came here late this evening and enjoyed our service and food immensely. We will try to make it back here every time we come to Amelia Island!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

There are lots of great restaurants on Amelia Island but none really specialize in steak so we decided to give Baxters a try since it's a "steakhouse". First off: service was very slow/ poor we were seated quickly only to wait 20 minutes to order drinks/ appetizers and get them 20 min after that!! We ordered fried green tomatoes and shrimp which was recommended and the shrimp were good but the fried green tomatoes were horrible!! Absolutely no flavor or seasoning just breaded in flour and fried. We both ordered NY strips for dinner and they were not to good tough and poor flavor. The food would get a mediocre rating at a lower priced chain restaurant but for a high priced place that calls itself a steak house I found the quality and service to be very poor. There are lots of great restaurants on the island and this place will not be getting my business again.