“Holy shrimp and grits”
Review of Verandah

Verandah
Reserve with OpenTable
Verandah is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 162 Restaurants in Amelia Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Overlooking the tranquil Racquet Park tennis facility, diners view the natural canopy of live oak trees from their table at the Verandah restaurant, specializing in southern inspired fare and fresh traditional seafood. Bringing the bounty of the local Atlantic Ocean and neighboring farmers directly to plates of members and guests, the Verandah features an array of the areas freshest seafood in an inviting, family-friendly setting. Take a seat in the bar for the perfect place to end your day or begin your evening with a selection from our approachable list of wines. Gather at the Verandah for happy hour after a day of professional instruction on our acclaimed Har-Tru clay tennis courts or before sitting down to the bounty of the sea in our dining room.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was by far the best meal of the weekend. Their shrimp and grits are to die for. Other meals that were loved at the table was the grouper special and the beef tenderloin. I want that recipe for the shrimp and grits!!!

Omni_Amelia_Island, Manager at Verandah, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

I believe asking for the recipe is the greatest compliment to a chef, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the shrimp and grits along with the other dishes and hope you'll come see us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Verandah

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We've eaten at this restaurant many times over the years and keep coming back because the food and service have always been very good. On our recent trip to Amelia Island, we planned on The Verandah as a must eat location and particularly since we heard it had been renovated, updated and a new menu.

We ate here twice during the trip. The service was great both times.

The first night, I had grilled grouper, with carrots and a salad, my son had the filet with carrots and salad and my mother tried the shrimp and grits. We all enjoyed our meal. The only difference we all noticed was the portion size seems to have gotten smaller. What we ordered was very good and my grouper was perfect, but we were left feeling slightly hungry after having eaten every bite. This was unusual, since in the past we end up with left overs. So, we all ordered dessert, which normally we do not do. We ordered peach cobbler for dessert. It was ok, the serving dish was extremely hot, but it was actually cool in the center. Not what we were expecting. The cobbler wasn't bad, but it was just an ok slightly reheated cobbler. We would have felt much better about ordering a dessert course if it was as good as the entree, but it was a let down at the end of a great meal.

The next time, my mother and I had grouper with crab crust and my son ordered the filet again. The crab crusted grouper is served over mashed potatoes. Neither of us cared for the mashed potatoes; however, the server did indicate we could substitute the mashed potatoes for rice or veggies. In hindsight, the rice would have gone much better with the grouper and we should have taken the server's suggestion. The crab crusted grouper was excellent. We also opted for a wedge salad rather than a simple green salad this time. The wedge salad was very good. We passed on dessert the second night.

The fish and service are worth the trip (my son's filet was very tender both nights), but the portion sizes are smaller so keep that in mind when they offer an appetizer.

Thank you for your review and for being a loyal customer at Verandah. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the fish and service. I have shared your comment on the portion size and desserts with our team for review. We look forward to having you again soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The Veranda at Amelia Plantation was wonderful! The crab crusted Grouper was devine! Excellent all around experience!

1  Thank 4,990
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Both time we ate here, our meals were delicious! The chef even went above & beyond to find a sweet potato at another restaurant on the grounds ! Wonderfully friendly waitress. A delightful place!

1  Thank vaca577779
Omni_Amelia_Island, Manager at Verandah, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and I'm so happy to hear both meals were delicious! Our chef and wait staff are stupendous and I'll share your review with them as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The service we so above par. The food was absolutely the best I have had in a long time. Have the Pink Snapper! My husbands tenderloin cut like butter.

1  Thank goswett

Thank you for your feedback on your meal at the Verandah! I'm happy to hear the food was so good and I'll share your great review with our chef and team. I agree, the pink snapper is delicious and I'll try the tenderloin next time. Come back to see us again soon!