“SUP 101 made a splash!”
Review of Kayak Amelia

Kayak Amelia
Ranked #4 of 54 Tours in Amelia Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the natural side of the Amelia Island / Jacksonville area with guided ecotours on kayaks, Segways and paddle boards. Or create your own adventure and rental kayaks from our location in Talbot Island State Park.
Jacksonville, Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“SUP 101 made a splash!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My friends and I (6 of us - 5 adults, one child) went to Kayak Amelia for SUP 101 (stand-up paddleboard) class. I had been once before, also at KA, but signed up so I could go with my friends who were all first-timers. We were given a quick lesson on paddles and our boards on land and then went right into the water behind the shop to try our skills out. Once on our boards, our instructor showed us some fun moves and encouraged us to try. And, this is an excuse to fall in and get wet. After familiarizing ourselves with our boards we were able to paddle up the creek a ways - you can see Kingsley Plantation - and then head back. It was about 2 hours in all and that is plenty. It's a great workout and you're more tired than you realize at the end.
We brought a picnic and ate at KA in their pavilion. Everyone here is very friendly and they take the time to make sure that you know what you're doing and that you are comfortable before they proceed. SUP is for everyone - all it takes is a little balance, and if not, you get wet - it's not a bad thing because you work up a sweat. But it is GREAT exercise. We'd like to come back and try the SUP yoga class next.

Visited July 2013

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, United States
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“SUP: Stand up paddleboarding”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The location is beautiful - it takes your breath away. Our family decided to take on Stand Up Paddleboarding for the first time and it didn't disappoint! We had a blast. CJ, our instructor, was fantastic! Fun, kind and very informative. We loved the SUP class and had an amazing, bonding time as a family. Would definitely return here again and again!

Visited July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Kayaking in Saltmarsh creek”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Talbot Island State Park is a great place for first time kayaking and children. Instruction and maps for the independent kayakers. Kayak Amelia offers Eco tours with guides. Single or tandem kayaks, canoes, and standup paddle boards are all for rent. We had a Groupon coupon, so it only costs us $25 for entire day, instead of the also reasonable $35 for four hours. Beautiful, sunny Florida day. We took a picnic for the beach. We saw pelicans, egrets, herons, wood storks, terns, and shore birds, dolphins and fish. Great way to experience wild Florida.

Visited September 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved our romantic getaway with ourselves and nature.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had no idea what to expect. I have never kayaked before and my husband planned this romantic excursion since the kids were with the inlaws for the week. I was so afraid I would step in and flip over. From the first moment we went into the office and met the fella on staff, I was at ease. I loved seeing the mullet jump around as we paddled leasurly in the tandem kayak we rented. The views were incredible and so peaceful. We packed a picnic lunch that we ate on a deserted beach and then took a dip in the clear water....how refreshing and fun!! I still have the picture of that beach and kayak as my facebook cover photo. When we returned to the homeport after a splendid trip (3 1/2 hrs), I told the fella in the office I am a new kayak enthusiast. I loved it and so did my hubby. Thank you Kayak Amelia for a wonderful experience!

Visited June 2013
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Awesome SUP instructor. We did a family group with teens and Tweens . It was fun. It was educational. It was beautiful surroundings . Awesome. We can't wait to go again. We highly recommend kayak amelia .

Thanks from The Morgan family.

Visited June 2013