“Amelia Island Trolley”

Amelia Island Trolleys
More attraction details
Owner description: Amelia Island Trolleys does a historical tour of downtown Fernandina and takes you to the beach and takes you up to old town Fernandina.It is about 1 to 1 1/2 hour long.It ,also, gives private tours, weddings transportation and just transportation all over the island. Come have a party on the trolley.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We rode the trolley with driver Alan Sanza. He was so knowledgable and just a great tour guide. I learned so much about Amelia Island and I am excited to return to explore even more. I sure hope that I am able to ride Alan's trolley again!! Thank you so much for sharing all of your knowledge and a few belly chuckling laughs!!

2  Thank TravelingDiane

Reviewed February 19, 2013

On Saturday February 16 , I showed up at the Amelia Island Trolley for the free trolley ride ( along with about 25 other tourists). The driver never showed up ! A lady at a local business called the trolley company , but no one answered. She then called Michael , who used to drive the trolley but now has his own small tour bus. Michael was sick but showed up and did back to back tours until we all had ridden. Short story: Michael's tour was fantastic and it only cost $10 . I would pay $20 to ride with Michael instead of the free trolley. Local business people told me the trolley was giving free rides in an attempt to put Michael out of business. How sad.... That is no way for a company to operate!!

2  Thank Kim E
david e, Manager at Amelia Island Trolleys, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

On February 16th the trolley did not do its usual tour. Unfortunately, an emergency situation occurred with the driver and the tour was postponed until Sunday. A note was left on the trolley for the guests to see. Sunday we re-opened and provided historic tours. Fun for all.

The Amelia Island Trolley was purchased by a new owner . He wanted to do something nice for the community and we agreed it would be a free trolley ride for all. It's sad how an act of kindness can be turned around into something so negative.

We are sorry for your inconvenience and I'm glad you had a good tour and it all worked out for your group.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I sorely miss Trolley Dave and Michael. As a part time resident of Amelia Island, one of the highlights of my visits was taking friends on the trolley tour, because Trolley Dave and Michael were two of the best tour guides I have ever ridden with. Last week I rode the trolley and found out that Dave no longer owns the trolley and Michael is no longer a tour guide. BUMMER! I found out that Michael is driving another tour in town, so all is not lost.

2  Thank Richard R
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I booked a "private' trolley tour for the Saturday before Mother's Day 2012. I had over 20 women between the ages of 30-82 and EVERYONE loved it!!

When I booked the tour, Dave assessed my needs and asked questions that I would not have thought of. After learning I was hosting the tour and then lunch at the historic Florida House afterwards, he suggested that we board in front of the Florida House to avoid walking from the dock, as I had elderly guest. Dave also recommended the "white" wheelchair accessible trolley.

Even though 80% of my guest were born and raised in Fernandina, and currently reside there, Dave the tour guide share so much information that we never knew. I was surprised to learn that there is a home on the tour that was a stop on the "underground railroad!" I cannot believe the tour was so entertaining, yet educational at the same time. I have recommended the tour to everyone and cannot say enough about Dave and his knowledge of the Amelia Island. It was a lovely day for a Trolley Ride!!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Well, well... if you want a little fun mixed with the historical edification of this quaint little village, then Michael is the chap you want driving your trolley around town! Not only is he well versed in local lore, but he has the comical talent to elicit excitement from even the drollest of tourists. No more boring trolleys for folks lucky enough to travel with a jewel of a guide.