“Amazing! If you love BBQ - you have to try it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Johnnie Mack's BBQ

Johnnie Mack's BBQ
Ranked #7 of 16 Restaurants in Kenneth City
Cuisines: Barbecue, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Amazing! If you love BBQ - you have to try it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband went for lunch last week, took me a few days ago and we are going back again tonight. I had the chicken dinner and it was so much food, I couldn't finish it. The collard greens are GOOD, mac and cheese super yummy also. I wish they had sweet tea - then this place would be golden.
I'm sure we are going to become frequent visitors. They do a ton of take out...constant line of people.

• Visited January 2014

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Cant see anything good coming from this place! F-”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Me and the wife stopped on a Saturday eve around 730 to try it as we have driven by many time and love bbq. We walked in and waited about 5 minutes before the guy at the counter who could not speak proper English asked us (WHAT YOU WANT) We ordered the pulled pork family meal $20 with sides. We asked for coleslaw and was told NAW WE AINT GOT NUN. Ok that's fine then lets have the potato salad NAW THATS ALL GONE. Then he walked away from us into the back where you could see the guys talking and laughing about something with someone who looked to be the Cook/Meat chopper. He comes back out and said UM WHAT YOU WANT DEN. That's when we turned around and walked out. I know not everyone can have a good education but when serving the public you must have respectable clean people working for you. Didn't eat there and will not step foot back in that place !!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank cbarilla
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Follow your nose!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

If you like the smell when driving by, I say, trust your nose! We had been skeptical about going, not sure why, however now that we stopped in for lunch we will be going back! They have coupons in several of the area discount booklets, which even makes it better.

Their BBQ does impress, the taste, texture and smell is a winning combination!

MJ

• Visited February 2013
“New go-to BBQ joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We had passsd by the place a few weeks ago and finally decided to give it a try the other night. While I do agree about the decor being bland, its understandable with it being a fairly new family business. We got the pork family meal and it was absolutely fantastic. You actually get a full pound of meat unlike other places I've been to. The pork had a nice smokey flavor and just the right amount of spices. The sauce is great. Not too sweet, not too tangy. We got the potato salad and baked beans as sides, which were also delicious. I didn't care for the potato salad alone, but when you add a bite of the pork with it, the flavors mesh perfectly to create heaven. The baked beans had a great taste and lots of bits of meat mixed in. We will definitely be permanent customers from now on.

• Visited November 2013
“Needs Work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We live near here and noticed someone had taken over the old Westgate Pizza space with barbeque. Since we L-O-V-E barbeque, we decided to stop in. The decor is pretty bare bones, basic tables and chairs with two tvs set on ESPN. That's fine. I had to ask the guy behind the counter for menus and he pointed at the paper take out ones on the counter. O-kay. The menu was pretty basic as well, chicken, ribs, and chopped pork. We both ordered the chopped pork dinner which was $7.00 and came with two sides. I got the chopped pork with coleslaw and baked beans and he had the same with potato salad instead of slaw. Drinks were extra and came out of a cooler - we got a tin of Coke and a bottle of water, which I couldn't help but notice came from Walmart as it was their brand. When I went to pay for the meals, the guy swiped my card on his cell phone. Wow. That's a bit different for a restaurant. It finally went through and we got our food right away. The pork was bland, no hint of spice or woodsmoke, even though they have a big smoker outside. The barbeque sauce came out of a bottle that was on the table and it was also bland and had no bite. Way too sweet for me. They only had the one. The sides came in little TINY styrofoam cups. They looked like a joke. The coleslaw tasted off, so I only ate a few bites. The baked beans were once again, bland. I have a feeling they came out of another tin. The potato salad was pronounced good though.
Most businesses don't last in this building and unless this one ups their food a LOT, I have a feeling it won't be here very long either. We won't be back.

• Visited October 2013