“Hiding in Plain Sight”

Cuisines: Thai
Tampa, Florida
“Hiding in Plain Sight”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I must have driven by Thai Orchid more than a dozen times without a second glance. From the outside, it just looks like another strip mall dive, but once you step through the doors you are transported. The interior is intimate and lovely, with only a few tables and a small sushi bar. The staff is friendly and courteous and the food is delicious. Definitely my new go-to Thai in the Pinellas Park area.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Swtctstrphe

“Tasteless Thai”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I guess we have been spoiled ever after eating and reviewing Thai Thai III in Cape Canaveral, FL several years ago. For us, they set the standard of excellence for Thai food at least here in the United States.

At Thai Orchid the pot stickers were the only thing that was really "good". The spring rolls tasted like they were frozen prepared and just heated up. While I asked for my squid and basil dish to be Thai Hot, it wasn't, and the sauce was bland tasting. Took tons of soy sauce, hot sauce and red pepper flakes to doctor it up before it finally had some taste.

Would never go back!

• Visited November 2013
“Really Good Thai!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Thai Orchid is really convenient for me - I could literally walk to it in five minutes if I wanted to. The fact that they have excellent Thai food is a bonus. The restaurant is not very big and it's located in a strip mall but once you walk inside, it's so beautifully decorated, you forget that you are almost next to the Big K on 66th St.
The food is delicious and beautifully presented. I don't eat sushi but they seem to have a lot of people who do. They have a really good lunch special that includes soup, a crab rangoon and an entree for under seven dollars. I almost always have the panang curry with chicken and it is absolutely delicious. And I always, always finish my meal with coconut ice cream drizzled with honey and crushed peanuts. Yum!
The serving staff are top notch and Thai Orchid is one of my top three places to eat. Absolutely top notch.

• Visited August 2013
“I Love this Place”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

They know everyone's name, and give great service. The menu isn't overly extensive, but you can get soft shell crabs and darn good sushi. I recommend this place to all my friends and everyone loves to go here for a pleasant meal at a good price, especially for lunch. THEY EVEN DELIVER!

Visited July 2013
Tampa Bay, Florida
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I ate at Thai Orchid again today ( I eat there about once a month and would more often if I lived closer to it). As usual, the sushi was delicious and reasonably priced. The Thai food, I had Seafood Rad Na, was excellent, too. Very nice brown sauce and tender seafood. This is a great choice for Thai and/or sushi.

• Visited July 2012