“Updated review” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, Virginia
“Updated review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I reviewed this hotel a few years ago and was less than happy with it, however, I think it may have just been the situation at the time. The last time we stayed here, the Red Lobster was under construction and the hotel was overrun by construction workers.

Well, they're all gone and the hotel is much quieter and more pleasant. He young man was very pleasant and helpful at check-in. We had a room with two double beds and a sofa-sleeper, which was quite spacious. It also had a mini-fridge and microwave, which was helpful for heating up Cuban food leftovers. The rooms were clean, however, the furniture had been a bit abused (what are people doing banging up furniture that way).

The location is okay. It's great for me being near family, however, for tourists maybe not so much. There aren't really many touristy things in the area. It is close to the Fl turnpike, though, which makes for easy access to the rest of the city.

Hotel is nice, clean and inexpensive.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Just as good as several years ago. The manager, Mr. Oliver, is a man of his word. I cannot say enough good about him and his employees. I am in the Kendall area every couple years, and will not consider staying anywhere else. GREAT PLACE TO STAY !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
GaryR,

Thank you so very much for the high praise of my staff and property. I am pleased to know that the quality you have come to expect from your first stay was met during your second visit.

I look forward to your return and have no doubt that we will continue to surpass your expectations.

Carver, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

As always, Trip Advisor reviews were a major factor in the selection of our hotel. Our hotel was just what we expected it to be, a quality Holiday Inn property. Our check-in was professional, efficient, and friendly. The front desk staff went out of their way with suggestions and excellent directions. We walked in to a very clean room that was nicely configured. Our beds were comfortable and hallway noise was not a factor.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
bookboy50,

Thank you for your endorsement of my property and staff. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

I trust you had a safe trip home, please come see us again the next time you are in the area.

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel was impressive from the 1st moment of my arrival, with it's beautiful outdoor landscape, the charming personality and friendly welcome by the 1st staff person named Keisha, and the lobby/reception area was very quaint with it's orange infused drinking water in a glass tea pitcher and the large bowl of Florida oranges there for our enjoyment. At dinner time, they displayed a very nice assortment of chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies for our enjoyment as well. The rooms were very clean, spacious and had the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in at any hotel. The pillows were so fluffy and sooo comfortable which is one of the features that I will never forget. I usually have to take my pillows with me when I travel due to neck problems, and these were absolutely incredible.....The outdoor pool and jacuzzi were a dream to use, and the jets on the jacuzzi were powerful enough, that I felt like I had gotten a massage on my lower back and also my feet. I give this hotel a "10" in my book and I would recommend this to anyone traveling to Miami. The breakfast was good, not just continental as in most hotels. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and even the maintenance man named Ruben S. came to our rescue, when my friend and I locked ourselves out of our room, and saved us a trip to the reception desk to get another key......Thumbs UP to all in this location, and I will definitely be staying here again in the near and distant future. Sincerely, Maria Rizzi

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank charisma_77
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
charisma_77,

My sincerest heartfelt thank you for writing such a detailed and positive review. I am thrilled that every aspect of your stay was enjoyable and that the staff made you feel welcomed and taken care of.

Kesiha was just brought on board as the Front Desk Manager and her impact has been immediate, we are lucky to have her. Ruben is our Chief Engineer and it is thanks to him and his team that the hotel looks as great as it does, he is invaluable.

I will make sure to pass on your praise to each of them.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Great hotel, very comfy rom with seating and kitchen area. Restaurants nearby, some nice ones overlooking lake in nearby shopping mall. Breakfast was great, lots of choice and fresh pancakes. Could have done with microwave at breakfast to cook instant porridge a bit better. Good fitness room and pool. Very helpful staff. Loved the vanilla flavoured milk with coffee.

Room Tip: Go for a high room to enjoy the views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lorna F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at my hotel.

With regards to the porridge, Intercontinental Hotels Group will be launching new and improved options very soon. I hope you enjoy them.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Everything about this hotel was great. The rooms were clean, internet worked fine, temperatures very adjustable, and location close to where the hospital in which I was conducting business. There were eateries close by and traffic not too bad. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JimTigerPT
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
JimTigerPT,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at my property. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that you would consider us again the next time you are in the area.

Burt Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We needed an extra stay to bridge between our one-week stays in each of two parts of our FL vacation because we had an extra day between being in Orlando and beginning our final leg in Key Largo. We consulted Trip-Advisor and liked what we saw for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Kendall, Miami. We were not disappointed. It was fairly new, very clean and had decent handicap-access and facilities which is important to me. They didn't have a handicap-fitted room available, but the clerk managed to find one that might as well have been. They upgraded me to a King room for the same price, which was appreciated. The bathroom was beautiful - not your standard H/I-fare. It was almost two whole bathrooms in one - there was a large sink/mirror counter in one part, which also contained a very attractive glass-on-three-sides-and-tile shower enclosure, which opened into another area that contained a raised jacuzzi-tub, that faced into another alcove containing the toilet and a second sink/mirror prep-for-the-day area. Very nice, and very helpful when two are trying to get ready at the same time in the morning. The complementary breakfast was standard H/I fare, but well-prepared, kept fresh and the area was very clean. The property was very easy to find from our route and the price was ok, if a little high. It was a good stay and really met our needs. We will go back.

Room Tip: Always make clear when you are making a reservation any concerns that you have such as: early flight...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dave B
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dave B,

Thank you for writing about your stay. I am delighted that you found us living up to our reputation and for giving my property such high praise.

I am glad that you enjoyed the room we offered you and that it met your needs comfortably. We make every effort possible to accommodate our guest’s requests when available.

We look forward to your return.

Kenny Oliver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendall
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami
Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland
Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall? Share your experiences!