We have stayed here severable times before when visiting family in the area, but this last visit was by far the worst. We were greeted with our welcome kit of granola bars and bottled water as priority club members; unfortunately, the rest of our stay was all downhill from there. We were surprisingly given a room next to the elevator, which frequently dinged late at night and early in the morning. This is an example of how repeat customers are treated--given the worst room in the hotel. Do not be fooled by the manager's responses to negative comments here...in person he could not be less helpful or caring when we approached him with a serious concern. Here are some issues we encountered:
1) At midnight, we received a phone call from someone claiming to be from the front desk who asked for our credit card number due to a computer glitch that affected 30 guests, threatening to kick us out of the room if we did not comply. Yes, we realized this was a scam, but our sleep was disturbed, and we were awake the whole night anticipating more phone calls. When we told the manager the next morning to report this to the police, he claimed that his regular business clients have never reported anything like this before and clearly refused to take this breach of their phone system seriously. He implied that this was our problem and not related to the hotel at all.
2) The front desk's ineptitude to process a different credit card for payment when repeatedly requested. After our 3rd request they finally got it right.
3)The lack of the correct number of towels per room occupants. It took 30 minutes for someone to bring up a towel.
We are happy to see another hotel nearing completion nearby because we WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Beautiful Hotel in Miami's Kendall Neighborhood You will love the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall- one of the newest hotels in the southwest Miami area. This stylish hotel is located halfway between Homestead and downtown Miami with easy access via FL's Turnpike & 874/821. Our hotel is conveniently located across from Kendall Tamiami Airport (TMB)- exclusive homebase of Falcon Trust Air- Reliance & Dean Int'l. Easily accessible to major corporations such as Beckman Coulter- Noven Pharmaceuticals and Assurant Group- we are also within minutes of Baptist & Kendall Regional Hospitals- Ministerio El Rey Jesus and Alper JCC. Miami International Airport (MIA) is only 24 miles away. Leisure travelers seeking the sunny fun of Miami will enjoy this Kendall hotel near the Metro Zoo- Gold Coast Railroad Museum- Kendall Ice Arena- Homestead Miami Speedway & Monkey Jungle. London Square- Dadeland Mall and The Falls are within minutes of our Miami-Kendall hotel. Our well-designed Kendall hotel features choice amenities to entice a SMART traveler. We offer an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub area surrounded by fabulous palm trees emitting a tropical ambiance. We also have a Business Center and Fitness Center- as well as high-speed Internet access. Our professionally designed putting green and our modern non-smoking hotel provides you with the best Miami has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Miami-Kendall
- Holiday Inn Kendall
- Holiday Inn Express Kendall
- Kendall Holiday Inn