“Lunch at Earl's” 4 of 5 stars

Earl's Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Kendall
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, FL
“Lunch at Earl's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Went for lunch on a Wednesday with 2 companions. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted by 3 friendly hostesses(despite the past negative reviews about the unfriendliness, they were very pleasant and welcoming) and were seated right away. We got seated by the outdoor patio with very nice views of downtown Dadeland. The restaurant was fairly full for a weekday. We were served water right away but then the waitress disappeared for like 10 minutes. A new waitress appeared and took our orders. After that, it was smooth sailing, our food came out right away and our waitress was very attentive and would stop by our table regularly.

Now for the food...I ordered the Bronx burger because of all the past positive reviews. It was ok, nothing special and similar to all the other burgers I've had in restaurants like these. One of my friends had the fish tacos and she was happy with them. The yam fries were tasty as was the garlic aioli that comes with it. My other friend had the chicken brie & fig sandwich and she loved it...

Overall, the food was ok, nothing wow but I wouldn't mind returning for drinks and appetizers. The place is very modern/chic/trendy. Overall, it was a positive experience.

• Visited July 2014

Miami, Florida
“Dinner date”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We were shopping at Dadeland mall and decided to go to Earl's for dinner. While the service was good and our server was attentive, it did not make up for the mediocre food. I ordered the rib eye steak medium rare and it was over cooked. It was supposed to be served with sucotash and it came out with green beans and corn? We ate on the patio which was none smoking but some idiot lit up and no one stopped him. I liked our server but that's it. This is a happy hour hang out, loud and pick up bar not for couples.

1 Thank dmontenegro
“Over rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Recently opened at new wing of Dadeland mall. This place caught me eye due to the long lines and full seating , I wanted to see what the hype was about. The cuisine is varied with a touch of new Asian. The Suchi rolls seem to be a hit with most and for shared plates and though descent were not impressive . I had chicken stir fry which was over priced at 18$ and wife had fish / chicken tacos which were average at best. Drinks were the best deal with 4.50$ margaritas . Service was good with friendly staff.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
“Great place - terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've been here a couple of times but today the experience was terrible. Even though the restaurant was nit busy at all, nobody noticed us, we have to call for servive, we have to ask for plates, for cutley, etc. very disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
Florida
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is an upscale sports bar with a very nice atmosphere. The salad I ordered had very fancy greens and other plants and I am never sure what is for decoration and what I am supposed to eat. The service is excellent. The women who work there are stunning and could be supermodels. The overall experience is very good, food, atmonsphere, and service.

Visited June 2014