“the worst experience I have ever had” 1 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Kendall
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oahu, Hawaii
“the worst experience I have ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

I had to travel down to Miami on business and I had my mom travel with me for companionship. When she woke up in the morning she had an insect bite on her hand. She went to the front desk at 6:00 am to report that there might be insects in the room. To my surprise, the hotel crew started staring at us on the monitor behind the front desk while we were having breakfast, ( the lady that was setting the breakfast up with the guy behind the front desk) and when my mother asked to speak with a manager she was given the number to the front desk. I told them so I walk away from the front desk and call you back. This could have been any type of complaint, the way the crew dealt with it made my stay at Best Western in Kendall an awefull experience. I was contacted by the assistant general manager today, and in his conversation he implied that we were lying since there is no bugs in the room and the bite could have been a mosquito or ant bite, when we never stated that it was a bug bite, my mom and I simply said it was an insect bite. I will never stay at this hotel again, I would rather drive a longer and stay someplace where they really care about their guests and want them to go back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank TallahasseeVal79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

We spent one night here on a stopover between Key West and St Petersburg. We arrived during a cloud burst and the front desk person, who was very friendly but not exactly thinking, suggested we move our car out from the covered entry to a side door to be closer to the elevator which made no sense.

While the room appeared clean it smelled of cigarette smoke, an issue which got worse every time the bathroom fan ran. The beds were comfortable but the room was rather cramped.

The morning staff were rather disinterested and the manager was too busy talking to a buddy to pay attention to other customers. The breakfast was standard hotel fair, poorly done.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank GetawayGangAlberta
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

My spouse and I have stayed here every trip to Miami Fl and this summer will be no exception.

Nothing negative I can say about this hotel . ALL POSITIVE !!!
Clean
Safe
Comfortable
Reasonably priced
Good Location
Complimentary breakfast
Friendly staff

Stay here u wont regret it : )

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chica42
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

Wife and I were extremely pleased with this hotel and would certainly stay here again but only for the specific purpose that we stayed here in the first place: it makes a great, reasonably-priced startingoff point for a drive to Key West if you are flying into Miami and don't want to endure the hassle of driving into Miami or Miami Beach for the first night of your trip, then back out the next day to Key West. (It is notfornothing that the locals apparently refer to US1 as "Useless 1")

So anyhow, this Kendall location is great for that purpose. You don't need to struggle with Miami traffic, just straight south from MIA through easy suburban traffic, then off to the Keys the next day. But it would be hard for me to think of any other reason for staying here, unless you had some kind of business-related or other reason for staying particularly in Kendall. Kendall is a pleasant enough stripmall sort of suburb, safe enough to walk a around a bit at night, but far away from downtown Miami, let alone Miami Beach, if those are the places that you are interested in.

There's a big Barnes and Noble next door, and a branch of that excellent Miami restaurant chain, Flanigan's, just a few blocks away, but otherwise not much to excite.

The included breakfast here was excellent, several hot items, and the breakfast room itself one of the best we have experienced anywhere.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Torontotraveller2
East Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We stayed five nights at this hotel. I was overall satisfied with but there was one problem and one complaint. On the plus side: fine location, a little west of the Florida Turnpike and just north of N Kendall Dr, a major commercial thoroughfare. The room was very clean and tidy. Beds were very comfy and the bathroom was fairly spacious with a large counter. Front desk service was efficient albeit indifferent. Elevators were roomy and quick. On the negative side: during our first night, Saturday, there was a group of young men carrying on very loudly by the pool. They were still yakking well after midnight. We finally complained to the front desk but the desk staff did not stop them. The boisterous dudes finally relented around 3:00 am. Fortunately our remaining nights were peaceful. My complaint was with the breakfast--quite mediocre considering the quality of Best Western. The cold cereal was fresh but tasted cheap. And the egg patties looked, tasted and felt like they were concocted from powder. But there were always fresh bananas and apples available, and the milk was very good. My advice: don't stay Friday-Saturday nights, and keep limited expectations regarding the breakfast.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
ormond beach, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

The staff at this hotel go above and beyond to make sure you have a great stay. I can't say enough good things about the staff!!! Congratulations to Best Western for hiring such good employees. You can tell they enjoy their jobs.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lilydaisy128
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for three weeks and found it to be an outstanding hotel. It has a small gym, washer/dryer on site, free hot breakfast, courteous service but most importantly it was very clean.

I am a bit of a germ freak anyway and do not usually care to stay in hotels because of the stories you hear about cleanliness. I was pleased to stay here. Everything was clean and fresh. The cups in the bathroom are disposable so you don't have to worry about maids cleaning glasses with dirty sponges.

Free WiFi connection (though the speed was not the best on the 5th floor but was sufficient for email). The carpet in my room was cleaned one day while I was out and it wasn't by request. This tells me that the place is maintained well and that intiative is being taken to ensure it is maintained. Also, keep in mind, this is Florida and I never saw a cockroach or any other bug for that matter.

Kudos to the staff. I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank whodatbe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendall
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall
Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland
Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!