“Great Breakfast fills for lunch too”
Review of La Carreta

La Carreta
Ranked #14 of 51 Restaurants in Kendall
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Conveniently located in West Kendall with ample parking and a good size restaurant. Quality breakfast with nice presentations and generous portions very reasonably priced. Café con Leche has taste and power. Opens at 8 AM for breakfast and people are waiting outside. Good for lunch and dinner too.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Our first visit with 2 of my girlfriends. Our waiters name is Ricardo....and he is the worst. Needs attitude overhaul.Did not stop to ask us if our food are ok. Turns out as he told us that his section is closed and he has been there since 9 am. Understand his predicament...but no excuse for his behavior. We did not ask to be seated in a closed section. Ricardo should realized that he has a job and a paycheck coming. If he does not want to serve his customers, he should resign and not go to work.This is not authentic Cuban restaurant. My Ropa Vieja is no flavor...only pieces of meat and covered with onions. My white rice is undercook...my black beans is hard as a rock. Only positive in this place...cafe con leche is excellent. Otherwise go to another restaurant to spend your money. Not worth it.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Came with a large Family party. Good all Family wanted Cuban Cuisine. OMG! Told waiter I was Gluten intolerant, asked for a Gluten Free menu and he replied " What is that?" From then on was a fiasco for me! The food for the rest was greasy, the presentation of dishes was sloppy. My fish was frozen prior, could taste no fresh flavor. The chicken order was tough. Service was good except the lack of education in restaurant different needs for those like vegetarian or gluten intolerant, allergies.
Anyhow after a bomb of dinner for the seven of us we just talked among all and decided was not worth returning. Do not recommended due to the greasiness on sauces and plating, lack of freshness and flavor.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have been stopping here for years. A must stop for us for some great Cuban sandwiches ,medianoches, and croquet as on the way to the keys.
Today and want to tip my hat to the girls at the take out window.
Even though they were very busy and I had placed a very large order
They were extremely pleasant and efficient, it's always a pleasure to make this stop.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

La Carreta has been around for a long time. Their staple food is good- cuban sandwishes, media noche, arroz totones ,frijoles, maduros, etc.

Their daily specials are good but if you go too late in the day then not so good. They've been sitting in thd pot. Arroz con pollo but old.

The steaks are very inconsistent. Sometimes excellent other time tough a and nervey and not so good.

Service generally ok but again it's hit and miss. The large staff is not managed very well- so you'll need some luck here.

The price is about average for this type of restaurant and the portion are hearty

This restaurant was better years ago. Like everything else quality seems to deminish with popularity.

You can't go wrong with a cafecito at the outdoor window. A must do if visiting Miami from out of town.

Been to La Carreta? Share your experiences!