Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Jupiter
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Okay...here's the scoop,

I travel to Jupiter frequently, more than three times a year. When I arrived, I found out that if you aren't using a credit card (which is not appropriate when booking a two night trip) there is a $40 deposit that you have to wait 5-14 days to get back, pointless. There is a loud [--] dehumidifier in the room that you can turn off but then the room smells musty. There were no extra blankets in the room so I had to yank the one off the other bed. The gym had sanitary wipes but they were dried out so you couldn't clean before or after your workout. Also, the treadmill belt slipped if I tried to run so I felt unsafe running. There were plenty of channels on the tv in the gym but in the room I was disappointed with about 30 channels, so I really didn't sit back and relax when in the room, I was ticked off because I have to constantly channel surf. If you enjoy sports though then you are fine tv wise. It rained, not stormed, and the digital cable kept acting up. My room key kept malfunctioning but not enough to complain but I kept thinking, as a woman alone, I am glad I am not being followed by some creepy dude. I did like that The only ice in the building is on the first floor. There were too many things plugged in under the desk so I had the thought of the room may set fire. I wanted to open my window at night and turn off the dehumidifier but there was no screen and a wasp nest with the wasp holding steady in the nest. There were a bunch of black scrapes everywhere on the walls. There wasn't a welcome book that tells you about the hotel or where things are around town. The breakfast selection sucks and the waffle makers are broken and you can't tell how much time is remaining to cook. The lobby store has prices that are stupid...just go over to Win Dixie and buy what you need. Publix is a fow blocks down. The Subway closed 15 minutes early so I was forced to go to McDonalds which is right outside the hotel. But I would have prefered Subway obviously. I am a Homewood Suites woman and I will keep it classy there. Fairfield was horrid if you enjoy cleanliness and order and relaxation. Comfort in was literally right next door and I felt like maybe those people were getting a better deal. It's not shi$!y but it is enough of a mess to make me not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank A T
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites for your recent trip to the Jupiter area! We appreciate your business and I do hope your recent stay does not deter you from visiting us again in the future. Thank you for your comments! Please allow me to address your review .

It is the hotel’s policy to collect a credit card deposit for the room at check-in and we do hold a $40 security deposit for possible incidental charges during your stay. This deposit is removed from your account at check-out. The bank that handles your credit/debit card may hold that authorization in a pending status for 3 to 14 days. I apologize if this hold caused you any inconvenience.

Thank you for bringing to our attention issues during your stay concerning the room amenities, the fitness room, the insects outside your window, the condition of your room, and your breakfast experience. We have rectified the situations with the fitness room, waffle makers, and the outside wasp nest by our maintenance department for the safety and comfort of our guests.

Please note, the dehumidifiers in the rooms are placed there as an amenity to help make our guests more comfortable in the humid Florida summers. When you turned off the dehumidifier you noticed a musty odor. We would have gladly moved you to another room if it was brought to our attention. I apologize for the smell in your room.

We recently had a thunderstorm that temporarily affected the signal for our cable. Our TVs have 40 channels and 25 of them are in high definition. Our channels include HBO, ESPN, FOX News, MSNBC, CNBC, TBS, TNT, USA, FX, Comedy Central, Discovery, History Channel, National Geographic, A&E, Food Network, Travel Channel, HGTV, Lifetime, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, MTV, NFL Network and many more.

Your point about the hotel directory in the rooms is a great suggestion! We plan on getting directories for all the rooms within the next 2 months. In the meantime, our front desk staff is happy to assist you with anything you may need.

If there is anything else you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact the general manager at the hotel. We want to make sure an experience like this does not happen a second time for you. During your stay, if any of these things had been brought to our attention, we would have been more than happy to accommodate you. We strive to serve all of our guests in the most hospitable and efficient way possible. We hope we get the chance to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Checked in here as prefer to stay at Marriott owned properties.

Room was basic and on small side. Bathroom very basic with damaged bath and mold on sealant.

Cable TV did not work, called reception and they agreed to send someone up. After 20 minutes called and they said they were too busy and I would have to wait until morning!

In the morning discovered there was no hairdryer in room. Called front desk and they told me to look again!! I went down to desk and assured them there was no dryer. They indicated one would be sent up immediately. 30 minutes later I went back to desk and they had forgotten to send dryer up!!

Chose not to eat breakfast at hotel as food offering very basic and only disposable cups, plates and cutlery available.

Complained about stay and received a genuine sounding apology. Was given some bonus miles for my Marriott Awards account and a follow-up email apologizing again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank foreignhikers
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear foreignhikers,
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. Thank you for the review. I appreciate all of your comments and feedback. I deeply apologize that you had a disappointing stay and all of the inconveniences you have encountered when you were with us. I have printed out your feedback and I have reviewed this with the Front Desk Manager, Chief Engineer, Executive Housekeeper, and Hotel Manager. We will take immediate action to make sure these issues do not happen again. We hope in the future you will give us a try again. Thank you for your support and feedback.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have not visied a Fairfield Inn in quite some time but was well pleased with this property. The check in experience was very nice with actually 2 employees assisting with the process. They young ladies were very hospitable and informative to even suggest local eaterys near by. The room was very clean and well stocked with towels, coffee and the usual toiletries. Suprisingly, the room also had a dehumidifier which gave the room a fresh clean air enviornment. It is very close to several restaurants and the interstate as well as US 1 and A1A. This is now my place to stay when in the West Palm/Jupiter area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Edgar C
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Good Day Edgar9867,
We are thrilled that you were able to stay at our property. Thank you very much for your business and support. It is excellent to hear that our employees gave you a very pleasant check in experience. We are pleased to hear that you found the room to be very cleaned and stocked well. All of our team members put in 150% every day to try to go above and beyond our guests expectations and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location great. Thanks again for your support and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our room was clean and comfortable. The front desk clerk when we checked in was very sweet and helpful. Breakfast was very good and plenty to choose from.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Room Tip: We had a 1st floor double bed room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank grrrlinda
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Hello Grrlinda,
First off I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and taking your time to write this review. The entire team appreciates your feedback. We are so happy that you found your room clean and comfortable. Cleanliness, Comfortableness, and Customer Service and our top properties to provide to all of our guests and we are thrilled to have exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you very much for your business and your review.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Above average lodging experience in every category. Management very attentive to needs of its customers. Overall a very positive experience. BTW: Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Howard B

Dear Howard B,
From the entire staff and management at our property we would like to thank you for writing this review. We are extremely happy that you found our property and breakfast to be excellent. Thank you very much for your business and we would love to have you stay with us soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We have family in Jupiter/WPB so have stayed in several hotels in the area. This one is OK but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

First the positives: The Fairfield in Jupiter is conveniently located off I95, near lots of restaurants, 10 minutes to the beautiful beach. Free parking; decent breakfast (the attendant was most diligent and kept it well stocked); clean pool and workout room; comfortable bed with good pillows; cable TV; Frig and microwave; good AC; quiet room (4th floor).

Now the negatives: Dirty carpeting and floors. Having forgotten my slippers, I wore a pair of white socks (only while IN the room) for the whole week and, by the end of the week, they were black on the bottom! Yuck! There were pieces of flotsam (leaves?) on the floor in the bathroom the whole week. Apparently the floor was never properly cleaned the whole week. The hall carpets looked dirty as well.

Since we were visiting family, we really weren't in the room much during the day, and yet when we returned at 11pm one evening, ready to take showers and hit the sack, there were no towels. They took them in the morning and never restocked our room. I went down to the front desk to get some and they said they would bring some up. Five minutes later, 3 unfolded bath towels were brought to the door......by the Security Guard who had been standing by the front desk. I thanked him but also told him he shouldn't be doing that type of job! Who's guarding the entrance while he's doing the maid's work (which should have been done hours before)? And also, they didn't give him washcloths or hand towels. So 5 minutes later, there he is again with those! Most unprofessional of the hotel management to send the Security Guard. (Nice man, but not his job!)

The breakfast is basically pretty good, as other reviewers have noted, but I would suggest another egg-type option other than the Southwestern wrap omelette, which wasn't very good.

Being from the South, I know the dehumidifier is necessary and helps keep the room comfortable but there was still a strong musty smell in the room (could also be the dirty carpets). The sign on it says that 'they' will take care of it, but I don't think the maids emptied the machine the whole week. I emptied it every day and it was full every time.

Overall the hotel is decent but it needs some help in the housekeeping department. It doesn't measure up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Puglady55,

Thank you for your review and staying at our hotel while visiting your family. We are glad that you found the location great, and a clean pool and workout room. We are also thrilled that you found the room comfortable.

I deeply apologize you found the floor dirty in your room. We are going through and deep cleaning each carpet. I am sorry that the housekeeping staff did not replenish your towels. I have given a copy of you review to all of the managers at our property to get all of your concerns and comments addressed and taken care of right away. I apologize that you experienced this and will make sure that we fix this right away. Your feedback is very valuable to us, thank you.

I would like to personally invite you back to our property to give us a try again. I promise you will go above and beyond to make sure everything is 100% for you.
Thank you for your review and your business. We hope to have you back again.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Cocoa Beach for one night. The hotel,while decent, is nothing special. It has interior hallways. We were placed on a first floor room and our room had a dehumidifier in it. It was quite loud so we turned it off for the night. The room we were in had a smell to it, not unpleasent, but not like roses, I cant pin it. Not sure if musty is the right word but that would be unpleasent and it certainly wasnt. I dont know if it smelled overly clean or maybe something they put in the dehunmifier if that is even possible.

But aside from that, the room looked clean, bathroom area clean except a hair on the sink tabletop. Bathtub itself looked clean. I willl advise there were ants in the floor of teh bathroom and in the sink but we are from downhere so ants are normal for us.

The hotel offers a great breakfast buffett, other than no hot foods (whiich I very rarely eat anyway from the hotels), this was one of the best breakfast buffets I have seen. he had the typical waffle machine (yummy, my favorite) and they had the muffins, toast, bagels, fruits,cereals, but then they also had a fridge with jimmy dean sausages, and omelette flats. I think there were also corn dogs but didnt really investigate and yogurts. They had a good amout of room to sit down as well.
The check in and check out staff were incredibly nice as was the hosuekeeping we encontered on our arrival.

The hotel is well situated with a KFC an Starbuck on the "property" meaning a few shorts steps upon exiting the hotel but wihout having to cross the street. There are some restauranted near by, we did the Quaterdeck prob a couple miles east.

Hotel also had a pool, fitness center and business room, but we didnt use any of those.
The beds were comfortable and the decor was nice.

All in all for another one night stay I would defintely stay here ag0ian.

Room Tip: We stayed in a low floor and that was very convenient for breakfast in the morning.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frogster14
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Good day sweetsuzypie,
Thank you for staying at our hotel. Thank you for writing the review for us. I apologize you had a smell in your room that you could not pin-point. Our Executive Housekeeper and Hotel Manager will go through each room to see what is going on and rectify the issue. Unfortunately, as you mentioned ants are everywhere in South Florida , we have had Chief Engineer take care of this of this issue and it will continue to be a routine for him to try to prevent this from happening again. We are happy that you found our breakfast, staff, and area we are located to be excellent. Thank you again for your business and feedback we would love to have you stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jupiter
Comfort Inn & Suites Jupiter
#8 of 10 in Jupiter
Courtyard Palm Beach Jupiter
Best Western Intracoastal Inn
Hampton Inn Jupiter/Juno Beach

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter? Share your experiences!