“What to expect for your money” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Jupiter

La Quinta Inn Jupiter
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Jupiter
Saint Louis
“What to expect for your money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2007

We could have paid more than double what we paid at LaQuinta to stay at one of the nicer hotels. If you do not plan on being in the hotel at all, it is perfect. The complimentary breakfast was great. Great location, lots of fabulous restaurants. Check out the wine bar in the adjacent shopping center - fabulous sushi!!

• Stayed March 2007
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Alexander, Manitoba
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2007

We stayed two nights, Feb.19 and 20th, 2007. This hotel is set back off the main road and a little difficult to find. We had a standard room on the third floor which was tastefully decorated and included a fridge and microwave oven. My parents had a king sized bed room on the second floor, so while our two teenage sons stayed with us our 12 year old daughter stayed with them. In their room the pull out bed was falling apart and had to be propped up. Unfortunately, on their last day they found 2 cockroaches in their room! In our room, it was clean, with no problems that way except our closet door was very hard to use as it kept coming off it's tracks and one of the windows didn't seal shut completely. The breakfast was really good and nicely laid out, nice to have a complimentary meal to start the day. The staff was friendly and kind, remembering who we were each time we saw them. Once we knew where the hotel was we found it convenient to the many places we took in both west and east of it's location. It felt very safe to stay in the area.

• Liked — The breakfast was great and the location was handy.
  • Disliked — The key card didn't always work and the room had a few issues
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank KitKatPaddyWhack
Metro Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2007

This is a decent place to stay. It's your basic Fairfield class hotel, give or take a couple of amenities. Everything's new and reasonably clean. They could probably do a slightly better job with maintenance, but all the issues I saw or heard about were pretty minor. I've seen the same or worse in high-end places. If you're wondering what the odd noises are in your room at night, it's the fridge. But, at least they'er quiet and don't give off a fan noise (the AC does plenty of that when running). I think they have on-line account information and check-out on the TV, but every time I tried to use it the screen froze.

Finding it is a bit tricky. It's quite a way off of I-95, but just when you think you've missed it you get to it. They mean it when they say it's the base of the bridge over the inter-coastal. You have to go part way up the bridge approach to make the turn into the place and it is set back a bit from the street.

I stayed here twice earlier this year, once to check it out and once with a large number of family members. Other than asking for ID at check-in (which I hate, and which means I'll try to avoid the place in the future), everything went off without a hitch. This includes not loosing any reservations, having all the rooms available on time and clean, keeping my very picky father-in-law happy, and having enough food on-hand to feed the hoards.

So, you should disregard all the older reviews. My guess is those were for the now-empty lot next door. This place looks and is as nice as in the pictures.

• Liked — It was available when nothing else was.
  • Disliked — ID checks. Say what you want but I loath them and I'm paying for the room.
  • Stayed February 2007
2 Thank NO_Member_Name
Norton, Ma.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2006

After reading all the negative reviews, I felt very uneasy about my booking at the La Quinta inn in Jupiter. I emailed the hotel about the bad reviews and they assured me that I would be pleased with all the updates and THEY WERE RIGHT!! Yes, they might need some paint touch ups here and there but they are 90% finished from changing over from the Wellesly Inn to the new La Quinta Inn & Suites. The room #326 that we stayed in was great, complete with a mini-fridge and microwave. The bathroom was clean and I loved the pulsating showerhead and rounded curtain rod. The beds were comfortable and the a/c just cooled the room perfectly. The continental breakfast was great with its choice of cereals, beverages, pastries, french toast, english muffins and more. They have free internet service provided for all the guests which was great if you needed to check your email or search for things to do or directions for the surrounding area. The employees of the La Quinta were SOOOOO friendly!!!!! My husband and I and our 12yr. old daughter plan on coming back here next year!!!! There are restaurants all around in walking distance and Jupiter Beach is about a mile away and is gorgeous!!!!! Trust me, you won't be disappointed with this hotel!!!!

• Stayed May 2006
12 Thank lorival0130
Ewing, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2006

Spent six nights while visiting family in Jupiter. They had the best rate and offered mini-suite with second dresser, second TV and pull out sofa. Hotel has a way to go as the renovation from Wellsley to LaQuinta continues. Room was adequate. We had several problems during the first day (door lock didn't work and had to be replaced, blinds weren't centered on window, mini-fridge defrosted water all over the carpet). Manager (DJ) and his staff were responsive, pleasant and highly professional. Only problem never resolved was that the satellite TV didn't get all channels advertised. Hotel was clean, continental breakfast was fine for this level of hotel. The facilities are run down...elevator broke during our stay but was quickly fixed. These little things add up and I would reserve final judgement until renovations are complete. For now, enjoy the fine staff and do your best to overlook the problems with facility.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank EdJack
Bonita Springs, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2006

I realize that the property in Jupiter Florida is in transition to becoming a La Qunita but it is JUST AWFUL. FIRST, there is no signage on the hotel indicating it's a La Quinta. We wandered around and around because we saw one paper sign on the road that we were in the right place but we couldn't find the property. It still had its old name, Wellesly Inn. THAT should be covered up.

I finally called to ask where the property was, explaining where I was. The person who answered said, "Well, we're right here." I asked where "here" was and she said down the lane. I drove around again, still with no luck. On my second call, I told her I simply couldn't see it. I mentioned that all I could find was a Wellesly Inn. She said, "Well, that's it." She never once mentioned on her own that the signage was incorrect.

The hotel is terribly run down. Our friends had to change rooms three times before they could find one that worked. The beds were old; the furniture cheap; the rooms smelled. The hallways were in disrepair. There was water on the floor lobby and in the elevator.

If this were our only experience, we would never stay at a La Quinta again. Luckily, we love the La Quinta in Macon, GA and will continue to stay there on a many trips to and from Missouri and Florida.

Stayed March 2006
3 Thank Spoonball
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2006

Very comfortable hotel and great location. Lots of pillows on a comfortable king bed. Looks to be recently renovated.

• Stayed February 2006
2 Thank lindagh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jupiter
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
#1 of 11 in Jupiter
BEST WESTERN Intracoastal Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Jupiter
Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter
Courtyard Palm Beach Jupiter
Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview

Been to La Quinta Inn Jupiter? Share your experiences!