“Very pleasant”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Jupiter
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Very pleasant”
Reviewed February 12, 2006

Very comfortable hotel and great location. Lots of pillows on a comfortable king bed. Looks to be recently renovated.

• Stayed February 2006
2 Thank lindagh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed December 3, 2005

As there was a hotel shortage in the Jupiter area during Thanksgiving, we decided to give the Wellesley Inn a try. After reading all the negative reports about dirty, smelly rooms and rude hotel staff, we clenched our teeth and braced ourselves for the worst hotel experience - ever!!!
During check-in, the staff was friendly. The Manager was a riot with a great sense of humor....necessary judging by a group of loud speaking and demanding guests gathered in the Lobby - [who might have had a better Thanksgiving had they checked "the attitude" in the parking lot].
It appears that after a pre-registration viewing of the hotel, these guests maintained that their whole Thanksgiving Holiday stood to be ruined because the Elevator and some parts of the hotel hallways were "full of dust". The Manager explained the dust was from renovation work. These guests didn't like the explanation and, before storming out of the Lobby, threatened to make a bad report about the "filthy conditions" of the hotel on this Site.

Meanwhile, in spite of all the drama, we checked in. Our room was fine....clean and spacious with two TV's, a refrigerator and a microwave. The complimentary breakfast was equal to or even better than most chain hotels. I would have liked to have had larger coffee cups and stronger coffee on the Breakfast Buffet - but that is the only thing I can criticize.
So....I would say "stay at this Hotel and enjoy the lovely town of Jupiter"

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank Dreamweaver1943
Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2005

We booked our room online and arrived at the hotel one hour before the hotels check in time. There was a mattress and frame on the wall across from the elevator. This is not the first thing I like to see. The elevator seemed to be on its last leg;making loud noises as it ascended. As soon as we walked out of the elevator the smell hit us. It reeked of cigarettes. I looked and there were no smoking signs on the room doors toward our room so I assumed it may have been a smoking area at one time. We walked into our room to find the smell was not any better and the floor around the bed was soaking wet. If you jumped on the carpet, water actually splashed. As we walked back to the elevator, we noticed an ashtray full of cigarette butts to the right on the elevator. Down the other hall were smoking rooms. Smoking and non smoking on the same floor! We walked to the front desk and cancelled our stay. The attendant made no attempt to place us in another room (not that I would). She simply checked us out; no apology.
We were out $90+ because we cancelled upon the arrival time. How was I supposed to know the condition of the hotel, four hours prior to arrival to make the cancellation!

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank Lil_tino

Travelers are raving about these Jupiter hotels

miami, florida
Reviewed April 11, 2005

I too was scared to stay here because of the reviews. I booked here because of the great rates listed. I could not find anything in the area at the time under $200. Well, I boked a King room with a pull out sleeper and I expected a crowded room for myself and my daughters. I was suprised to find a spacious suite with a refrigerator and microwave included. There were 2 televisions so that both sections had it's own TV. I must admit that they channel choices were limited though. The staff was friendly and the place was clean. I had a non-smoking room and although the room did not smell, the hallway on the second floor was DISGUSTING!!! They need to clean the air in the hallway because the smell of cigarette smoke is overwhelming. The breakfast is the basic cereal, danish and such. The location is nice and safe. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are huge, the place is clean and if I am in the area again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 14, 2005

After boking, then reading the reviews posted here, I was a bit "scared" of the Wellesley Inn. That is, until I stayed with them for 2 weeks!
They have an excellent staff, and a "fun" hotel!!
When inquiring after arrival, concerning the comment posted about odors, the hotel informed me all the 'Post-Hurricane' hotels smelled a bit funky after those storms. Okay, that is underatandable.
The Wellesley smelled just fine me! My wife and I enjoyed our stay a bunch!

• Stayed February 2005
Sturbridge, MA
Reviewed October 26, 2004

I travel a lot on business and had to go to Jupiter FL recently. My travel agent picked the Wellesley as it was the closest hotel to my client and offered a rate of $69 a night. On arrival at the hotel, there were two desk clerks in attendance. One ignored me and continued with shuffling some paperwork around. The other was on the phone. After a couple of minutes, the phone call was finished and she started to check me in. I had to loan her a pen from my pocket since the front desk was a shambles and she could not find a pen. Finally, she handed me a form and asked me to initial the rate and sign my name. At this point I did not have my reading glasses on, but signed the form and initialed the rate which I admit I could not clearly see. The clerk then started fussing around with the room key card and gave it to me in a little paper cover upon which she was supposed to write the room number. Of course she had no pen and I reached to my shirt pocket to retrieve mine again, at which point she announced "Oh, its room 200". There were others within earshot of that announcement in reception, a big "No No" in the Hotel business.
The room was okay apart from the wet carpet under the air conditioner, and a very hard bed.
On checkout (after 4 days) I was presented with a bill for four nights at $79 and not $69. I presented the itinerary and booking confirmation number from my travel agent pointing out that my rate should be $69. The check out clerk refused to honor the $69 rate and made the inexplicable comment that she could not honor my rate of $69 because I had not reserved directly with the hotel.
Also, I had originally initialled the $79 rate at check in, so it was my fault I was charged a higher rate.
By the way, the "business center" they advertise is a joke. It consists of one PC with a tiny monitor on a side desk in reception and patrons are limited to 20 minutes of use.
I will return to Jupiter in the new year for a week to visit the same client, but certainly not to visit the same hotel. Customer Service appears to be a term they have yet to become familiar with.

1 Thank laserman
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 21, 2004

Sorry to hear about your horrific stay with Wellesley Inn. I just picked it off the net and I had a wonderful time. Rooms were clean, maids were kind. I couldn't have asked for anything more. My stay was very enjoyable. I'm returning again this year :-)

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jupiter
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
#1 of 10 in Jupiter
Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter
Comfort Inn & Suites Jupiter
Best Western Intracoastal Inn
Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview
Courtyard Palm Beach Jupiter

Been to La Quinta Inn Jupiter? Share your experiences!