“Excellent weekend!”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Jupiter
Tavares, Florida
“Excellent weekend!”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Me and my husband decided to "get away" for the 4th of juy weekend. PRO: We stayed here and it was wonderful. The staff is very attentive, friendly and anything you ask for you can get..and in a timely fashion! The rooms are very clean and we stayed in a KING BEACHFRONT room....the balconies are small but the view is awsome! I had a massage this morning before we left...if you want deep tissue or body work done as for PAUL..he is a very seasoned therapist who helped get rid of muscle tension and a headache. The spa is very clean,, cozy and relaxing. i loved the steam room and you can use it as long as you are a guest in the hotel even if you are not having spa services. The prices at the spa are up there but that is to be expected at a resort spa vs. local. They have a nice sized workout room and that is very clean and maintained as well. THere is free parking, however, those spots filled up fast so if you valet it is $10 per day. CONS: ok....the beach is FULL of rocks, big huge rocks that are higher than the shore line and have holes in them and it is very easy to get hurt here. The bottom of the ocean, once you make it down off the rocks is full of broken shells so your feet can be cut. Make sure you bring the little shoes that are meant to walk in the ocean on rough terraine. When we first went into the ocean it was rough and we got pushed by a wave onto the rocks....i have cuts, scrapes and bruises to show for it....the resort does not warn you ahead of time about the rocks and there are NO life guards on duty. There was a very strong rip current, tons of kids and no lifeguards. They charge $15 EACH chair plus the cost of the umbrella...i didnt like this, i think it should be included in the cost of the room, especially when the cost of the room is close to $300 per night,,,,they charge extra for everything! Internet, telephone, you name it, it is all extra!!! Overall it was a very good experience, we would go again and next time i will make sure to bring my water shoes, bandaids and a floaty!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I enjoyed my 4th of July weekend with my boyfriend and dog. It was a nice hotel and the staff was pleasant. Especially the staff at the poolside bar/eatery area. Though the desk staff was also friendly and I had no complaints. I checked in with their pampered paws program. They did forget to put the dog bowls and pet bed in the room but I called down and it was brought up immediately, along with Fido magazine.

The room was comfortable. The king bed was plush and we had many pillows. I was disappointed that there was no tub, just a shower with fair water pressure but it was plenty hot. We bathed the dog in the sink..he is a 5 lb yorkie so it wasn't a problem. We didn't try to take him to the beach. The rooms aren't very soundproof as the people next door were really noisey but I think they had several young children and it could've been louder. We didn't hear a thing from the other room next door. Our dog just barked once in a while with too much noise from them. All of the rooms have balconies and that was wonderful. You can hear the ocean from the balcony as it isn't far to the beach.

THE BEACH wasn't anything to brag about. It was small and very rocky. I wouldn't recommend swimming at this beach...adults or children. I'll post pics at low tide later so you can see the rocks. If you leave the hotel, turn left, and go down a few blocks and you can go to the public park or further down and park on the street and go to the beach there. We didn't have any rocks at these beaches and it was a wider beach. It rained most of the weekend so we didn't spend much time in the water anyway.
THE SPA was booked solid (minus mani/pedicures) so I cannot say anything other than book your treatment before you get there, maybe it if wasn't a holiday weekend it wouldn't have been a problem.
THE HOT TUB was really HOT! I like HOTshowers and tubs but I couldn't stay in it for maybe a minute.

THE CRAB HOUSE isn't worth returning. Probably was the awful waitress we had. We sat down and it took forever to have our drink order taken. Some woman walked around asking if our drink order had been taken and when we said "no" she said someone would be out soon. We should've left before we got our drinks BUT my bf wanted the crab at the 29.99 buffet. He eats crab like no one else I know. He cracks them like shoestring potato chips. So we stayed for that. The doorman said go to Jetty's next door. We'll try that next time.
Overall, I didn't waste money on boarding the dog and I also didn't have guilty feelings over it. That was worth it to me.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Some cons:
eroded beach with giant rocks on shore and in the water (that you can't really see). My boyfriend and I had some scratches at the end of the day.
they charge you for the beach chairs ($15 each). I personally think that should be included in the room price.
the drinks are average price, but the food is very overpriced.

pros:
it is right on the beach.
service is great.
rooms are very nice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2010

An all around perfect vacation. Facilities are top notch and the staff try to make your stay a pleasant one. Food in the dining room is superior and the wait service excellent. Rooms are impressive with good views of the ocean and surrounding tropical setting. Lots of activities available for energetic teens and adults including pool, exercise facility, beach and local attractions.

Only somewhat less than perfect comment: The computer billing system software seems to be clunky and needs some improvement. There were minor glitches that required time to sort out. The staff was diligent in resolving any issues that arose.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Boston-south shore
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We put together a package for our June Anniversary in about 10 days time.....booked this resort on Hotels.com for a great rate for 3days (FSS). There is not much to do in June in the Jupiter area so it is very relaxing . To pick up the pace ...you are minutes to Palm Beach nightlife and shopping .
We ate all our dinners at Local restuarants but ........ We had 1 buffet breakfast, 1 pool side lunch and had 6 pool side cocktails ....food was fine at price point. Our total bill for the above food and beverage with tax was only $117. Very reasonable. This hotel is part of the Summit group of boutique hotels. The room was spacious and well appointed in a classic Plantation style. We had an oceanview with a balcony and the hotel is on the ocean with a walk way to the beach. Both the pool bar and hotel lounge offerred live entertainment., a plus.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jlaassoc
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Get the ocean front room, great view, real nice size rooms. other than small towels this is a great place to stay and relax. 1st time I get home from a trip that I do not need a vacation to recover from my vacation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Stayed at the resort for 5 nights recently for a friend's wedding. We loved the resort and how accommodating the staff was. There was so much character throughout the hotel and grounds. The wedding on the sand dune was breathtaking and the reception in the ballroom was romantic and beautiful. Loved sitting by the pool listening to the live music and sipping on the fruit infused water made daily at the towel stand. Such a nice touch! Would love to go back and stay again! Highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jupiter
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!