“Enjoyed our return visit”

Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Jupiter
Prospect, Connecticut
“Enjoyed our return visit”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were introduced to the Jupiter Beach Resort several years ago when we attended a wedding there. We were happy to return and enjoy sunshine and warmth. The hotel is as lovely as ever and the staff is top shelf. All of the staff were friendly and helpful with genuine smiles on their face. We found Madeline to be exceptional, whether she was serving outside or hostessing inside. The downside to this property is the lack of beach since storms have destroyed it. We were told that the beach would be restored and we are happy to hear it. While the pool was a great way to relax, there is nothing to compare to a stroll on the beach..

1 Thank rjbock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed March 27, 2014

An impromptu visit from the Philadelphia area turned out to be a well found treasure! Thank you to the fantastic staff! Great food too. The only issue was the rocky beach... But the pool and Cabanas made up for it. We will go back. Super family friendly resort.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank bemaDE
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Unfortunately, Hurricane Sandy decimated the beach in 2012 and it has not been rebuilt in at the hotel site. You are going to have to walk a few blocks to find beach that allows you to walk into the water. There is still plenty of room to lounge in the sun by the hotel, just not enjoy the surf. That might have been a nice thing to know, since the beach is what brought us here.

Be aware of the fees and taxes. The rooms here are expensive to start with, but each night added on a $25 dollar resort fee and almost $45 in taxes. Now we are talking real money!

In spite of the expense, we had a very nice stay. The room was cozy but very nice with a great view. The staff was outstanding, at every encounter. I was told we could get a late check out, but later, even the staff that rejected us did it nicely.

There is Breakfast Karma at the Jupiter Beach Resort which is good. The breakfasts were included, very good, and served by excellent staff that seemed overworked. Mary H of "Breakfast Blues" and her husband jumped in line and took the table that our family was waiting on to be cleaned. They were still waiting on their omelettes when we left. All works out at JBR.

Room Tip: Watch for the fees and consider the taxes. Our partial ocean view room was excellent.
1 Thank Crutchfield
Roslyn, New York
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The facilities of this hotel are great- excellent breakfasts, attentive service, nice room (doesn't have to face the ocean), nice pool. But: the beach area adjacent to the hotel is the worst beach in Florida. The sand area is enough to put out the lounge chairs, but the thirty feet to the ocean is an impassible moonscape of rocks and perhaps coral limestone. These are boulders, not rocks that one sees in Europe. To do any ocean swimming or just enter the ocean you must walk (with difficulty since there is a large slope down to the ocean) about 500- 1000 feet, in front of a condo or further to the public beach area. I've been to rocky type beaches, this is the most dangerous to walk on. At the front desk, they told us they were "dredging" the beach. Other guests say it has always been rocky. I cannot recommend this hotel if you have any desire to enter the ocean from the beach. I was at a wedding, and at this time of year the beachfront resorts are all expensive, but I have had a better oceanfront at the Singer Island hotels, although the hotels themselves are not as nice (3 star vs 4 star).

Room Tip: Oceanfront is a waste of money, the terraces are just big enough to get a chair on, you are better i...
1 Thank andrew m
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My family has a tradition. At the end of each trip we take, we like to end it with a bang at a special restaurant. Obviously, you don't know if it will be as special as you want it to be until you are there. But you have to trust that you made the right decision.

Gratefully, eating at Sinclair's inside Jupiter Beach Resort proved to be extra special. Aside from the fun location, with campfires and hammocks, the food surprised me the most.

I never expected it to be as fine dining as it was.

We originally wanted to be seated outside, but Florida had a weird cold spell and when we arrived there it was really windy and uncomfortable, so we ended up going into the dining room. It was truly elegant.

The food was soooo good. We had international cheese platter to start and then I had scallops the size of small hockey pucks in a delicious sauce. But the best was for the kids. Huge hot dogs, and the smores dish.

Check out our photos and video of our time here.

So recommended to visit. And then head out to the beach area, listen to live music and sway in the hammocks. Or if it's nice out, you can swim in the pool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Travel_Experta
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We chose to eat breakfast outside at the oceanside bar, the waitress gave us meues and walked away. About 10 or 15 minutes later, we flagged her down and asked if she was going to be our server, to which she said, "Well, I guess I can." So we ordered our juice & water (We had our coffee previously.) & food. Eventually we got juice, but I went to the bar to get the water I had ordered. Stil no food & other tables had arrived, ordered, eaten, & left! I asked her about it & learned she had not submitted the order to the kitchen! At least we did not have to pay for the food that did eventually arrive.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Mary H
jackson
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I go to Spring training every year to see my brother, I stay at this property but it's time to move on. It is at best a low end resort, that charges exorbitant rates based on location. I paid $640 a night for an ocean front suite. The rooms are nice, I requested an upper floor room, and I was put in room 313, this room is directly above the boardwalk that leads to the beach, I did complain and the rate was reduced to $474, which is still way too much for this room. The bed sagged in the middle, the pillows are small, the bathroom door doesn't lock or have a fan and the front door has a window so their is no privacy. The doors are heavy, but won't shut unless you slam them. Outside the pool is dirty and crowded, I asked the kid at the towel stand if he had a skimmer, I would skim the pool and he laughed at me. Here is a problem most hotels with outside bars have, they want the business of people staying outside of the resort, but then the hotel guests have to compete with the locals for beach chairs and lounges. Believe me the locals stick out like sore thumbs and bring their kids. They enjoy all the comforts of the resort for no cost!!! I get to sit in the shade. The shared bathrooms are also very well used. I would rather pay less and stay off the water next time or rent a condo. This place is a rip off beware.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor.
2 Thank AJB B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jupiter
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!