“Great hotel but for a couple of things” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jupiter Beach Resort

Jupiter Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Jupiter
massachuesettes
“Great hotel but for a couple of things”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2007

My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at the JBR in June. I had looked around at several hotels on both coasts (and at one point was ready to book at the Ritz in Naples) but a coworker had recently been here and highly recommended it. We were there for 5 days and had an extremely enjoyable time. Some pros and cons:

Pros-
Rooms are very nice. Bed was excellent, loved the little bar area, and tyhe views from our room were fabulous. Went to sleep most nites with the sound of ocean.

Beach area was great. Beach was sandy, water was warm.

Had gotten a deal that included breakfast every morning. Nice touch and food was good.

Pool bar was fun, drinks were cold.

Loved the Jupiter area, went to the Jupiter lighthouse, toured some of the small towns, Waterway cafe well worth the visit.

Cons-

We had brought our own beach chairs from home. When we went down to the beach they told us that unless we rented the hotel chairs we had to go almost 150' to down the beach. Now at almost $300 a nite for a room, I am NOT going to be told I cant sit in my own chair outside of the hotel. We told the beach person that if they wanted to get a manager they could but we would be sitting right there. No manager ever showed, but I went to the front desk and they apologized and gave me a coupon for chair and umbrella the next day.

Pricey area. Food in the hotel was expensive, as were the drinks. BUt we were on vacaiton so.....

Overall, alot of fun and we would go back.

Stayed June 2007
9 Thank onefortheroaddad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Houston, TX
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,051 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2007

I am not sure why people think that the Jupiter Beach Resort is so great. It is really nothing more than an old Holiday Inn building that has been given a coat of light green paint and has had oodles of dark mahogany paint painted on all of the interior moldings. The decor inside is nothing more than a "fake tropical-colonial style". My overall impression was that the hotel was okay but nothing special.

I recently stayed here with my boyfriend over Labor Day weekend and we got upgraded to the "penthouse" floor which was really nothing more than a fancy way of saying top floor. It probably wasn't a plus to be upgraded because we had to wait forever for the elevators to come (there are only 2 for the whole hotel) and our view looked onto the roof of the hotel and its AC units. Nice.

Our room was small but had a nice wooden bed (think Bombay & Co.) but from my view while laying on the bed, I could see large waterstains on the ceiling and peeling paint coming off as a result. The TV console cabinet was stylish and had a flat screen tv perched on top - but next to it were bottles of Fiji water with a large sign hanging around their necks advertising that they were for sale for $5 a piece. I think that is a little tacky, not to mention way overpriced.

The bathroom was very small. We had a pedestal sink and a small shower fitted out in dark brown mottled marble. Not very beach like. The closet was also quite small- maybe 4 feet across? It held only my things - my boyfriend had to put his all in the console cabinet drawers.

The pool area was on the small side and was jam-packed with deck chairs - literally 6 inches between the chairs. The outdoor restaurant faces the pool and is down in a valley so you cannot see the ocean while you are eating. In fact, the high "ridge" that separates the ocean from the restaurant actually blocks any ocean breezes so on a sunny day - I am sure that it can get really hot at the pool and the restaurant. It seemed stifling when we walked by at 9:30 am.

The beach directly in front of the hotel is quite narrow and has a large rocky outcropping in front of it. It did not look safe or scenic. In any event, you have to walk a ways down the beach in order for the beach to open up so I would not say that the JBR has a great beach location in my opinion.

Last of all, I echo what other reviewers have written about the staff. They are not that friendly. It is almost as if they are trying to put on airs because they think that they are working a "fancy" hotel.

All in all, I would much rather pay a little more and stay at the snazzy new Starwood Hotel on Singer Island (10 mins. south of JBR) or pay a little less and enjoy the laidback casual nature of the Hilton Singer Island (next door to the Starwood).

Definitely not coming back.

• Disliked — Waterstained ceilings, small rooms, rocky beach, unfriendly staff, fake decor
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
17 Thank Jemimagold
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

Contrary to the reviews listed on the website, I was incredibly pleased with my stay at the resort. The staff was very friendly and even upgraded us to a better room because they had the avaliability. The beach was gorgeous and the water was perfect. We were very impressed with the breakfast buffet. It had everything you could ever want. The only negative thing I could think of would be the speed of room service, however given how busy they were, it was understandable. All in all, it was a great trip and we will be back.

• Liked — The rooms, beautiful
  • Disliked — Room service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Courtney H
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2007

My husband, teenage son and I had a wonderful five day vacation at this beautiful hotel. I found a very favorable rate which included breakfast and pool or beach chairs so we did not experience any of the nickel and diming of other reviewers. Our king size accessible suite was perfect for our family of three. Our son had his own room with HDTV as did we. The view was gorgeous. The room was very handicap friendly except for the high bed. There is no ramp to the pool, but there is a special lift. Fortunately I can manage a few stairs. i agree the staff could be a bit friendlier, but we did not have any specific problems. They just didn't go out of their way to go to the next level, but we were not paying Four Seasons or Breakers prices. We definitely plan to go again. Don't miss the Food Shack restaurant. Looks like nothing, but best fish restaurant ever.

• Liked — luxurious, view
  • Disliked — Poorly accessible pool
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank FloridaFamilyof3
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2007

We had family and friends in 10 rooms at the resort, staying from 2 to 6 days and all comments were extremely positive. The wedding reception was well planned and well executed. All staff from event planning to front desk to wait staff et.al.were professional, attending to the smallest detail and request with cheerful demeanor.

• Liked — lovely, well appointed rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Pawel619
Northern Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2007

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights and did have a wonderful time. However, the manager tried repeatedly to take an ocean front room, which had been promised to us, due to their poor reservation handling. They charge heavily for everything, chairs, drinks, necessities. I would stay there again, but I would bring a lot of cash.

• Liked — Beach front accomodations
  • Disliked — service to customers
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jlarteacher
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2007

Just back from a couple days at this resort and it was much better than I expected. From the fantastic and unexpected room upgrade when checking in, to the delicious steak salad (highly recommended!) at the restaurant, it was the perfect mini-vacation.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank phixed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jupiter
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,109 reviews

Been to Jupiter Beach Resort? Share your experiences!