“Delicious food!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Food was excellent! My husband got the grouper in the bag and couldn't stop raving about it. My daughter had the chicken broccoli Alfredo and I couldn't stop stealing bites it was so good. My mahi Ruben was delicious as well. The kids loved the decorations and the gold coins for the kids was an added bonus. My only complaint is the waitress could have been a bit more friendly but she did get her job done. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were visiting in town and went out for dinner with friends. It was a PGA weekend and everything was full. We got in without a terrible wait but it was still crowded. The place is newly reopened and was trying very hard. They have a large variety of fish and seafood cooked a number of different ways. The fish was all fresh, cooked perfectly, and reasonable priced.There is an outside bar with a band which concerned me a bit because, as much as I like a party, I like to be able to have a conversation at dinner. The band and bar noise were not noticeable in the dinner part of the restaurant. It wasn't a quiet place but we could, at least talk to each other. It was a good experience and I would go back again.

2  Thank PamelaattheRiver
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Was visiting the area and went here with friends. We were told a 40 minute wait when we arrived but were seated much quicker than that. The atmosphere was nice and our server was attentive. We had the beef tips and chips & salsa for appetizers. Neither one was great. The kids in our party had chicken tenders and Mac and cheese. The portions were big for kids. The chicken tenders were over cooked and appeared to have been cooked in old oil. Our party ordered the porter house steak, cozy lobster tail and king crab legs. The steak was so rare it had to be sent back to be cooked longer. The lobster tail appeared to have been fried in the same old oil as the tenders. The crab legs were over steamed making it almost impossible to crack them open. The meals came with red potatoes and vegetable medley. The potatoes had s bad taste that I couldn't handle. They took the lobster tail and chicken tenders back upon our request because they were not good.
I would have expected a manager to at least appear at our table to offer some type of apology but that didn't happen. I guess their business is so established they don't need to follow thru with customer care.
My advice if you choose to dine here -Skip dinner and get dessert. It was the best part of meal.

3  Thank For2009
ShipwreckScott, Owner at Shipwreck Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

We always take our customer satisfaction very seriously and management would always try to make things better with a customer whose experience is not satisfactory. However when you are an ex employee who has been fired and we do not want you in the building, we try to stay away from you to avoid confrontation. Especially when you work at another restaurant in the same town. Please do not come back or we will have to call the police and have you removed. And you complained about the dessert also when you were here.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant has a nice nautical motif almost makes you feel like being on a galleon ship, we stopped for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon around 4 pm after a ballgame. We had plenty of parking to choose, this is a 2 story restaurant setup. Bar downstairs and upstairs same with the food service. The upstairs bar was full of customers more of a feel being outdoor or a ship deck.
Few customers in the lower bar and I believe we where the only customers for the dinning area.
They have a daily lunch and dinner specials, I ordered the short rib special, braised ribs fork tender with pan jus served with mashed potatoes and vegetable medley. The ribs did not have any bones and they did not have the consistency of beef ribs, it was beef but not sure what the cut it was, lets call it pot roast. Mashed potatoes made from a package for consistency, medley of vegetables fresh with dominant variety of squash vegetables and done just right.
One of the orders was Apple Walnut Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette, was ordered with chicken breast but it came without chicken but otherwise was good. The other 2 orders was for Chicken and Broccoli Over Penne Alfredo and both gave good review.
Overall we had good service but felt rushed, would we come back yes.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The food has always been good. The drinks are worth the money, good and stiff. The staff is friendly and generally fun. We go for lunch regularly they have god fish sandwiches. For dinner the lobster is a great deal. The grouper in a bag is moist and fresh.