“Reel Candy! Real Fishing !”

Reel Candy Sportfishing
Ranked #13 of 32 Tours in Jupiter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: JOIN REEL CANDY SPORTFISHING's Premier Team! Offering Offshore & Inshore Fishing Charters in Jupiter, FL. We have our 47' Luxury Jersey Sportfish and 26' Center Console- we can book a charter custom to what experience you are looking for! Visit us at the U Tiki Bar & Marina, a brand new facility for fun and enjoyment.
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were welcomed aboard by Chris and Capt Marvin on a sunny south Florida day, my two boys and I had been looking forward to this day for what seemed months, although in reality it was 2 weeks!
Being novices we listened intently as we were told what to expect form our day and some basic safety stuff.
We headed out of the Jupiter Inlet going pretty much due east, I think Chris said we were at the "Drop off" we looked for Nemo but couldn't find him! :0).
We spent the next three hours trolling and we have a great time, caught some Dolphin (Mahi Mahi) some Boneta and something REALLY big which we could not bring in, should have accepted Chris and Eric's advice and let them do it, hey ho next time maybe.
We had such a great time I can thoroughly recommend Capt Marvin and his Reel Candy crew.
Excellent facilities on a really BIG boat (47 feet I think he said) and although we were not master fisherman they were patient and showed us what to do and what not to do.
I think experienced fishermen/women will really appreciate these guys as they sure know what they are talking about and seem to know whee the big fish are.
We loved their tales of San Salvador and Crooked island and the really big Marlin and Yellowfin Tuna they catch, great hosts!
We will back hopefully for a longer trip , maybe the Bahamas next time. Thanks guys.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had one of the very best days of fishing ever on the Reel Candy. Captain Marvin and crew were over the top on service. We spent 4 hours on the water and I caught my first Mahi. I highly recommend you spend a day on the water with them if you are in Jupiter. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was lucky enough to win this charter in a charity auction. You have to appreciate when local businesses give back to the community. I saved the coupon for a few months until my birthday got closer. I knew it was a long shot trying to book a free trip on a Saturday, but Capt. Marvin was very gracious and held the date for me! We made it a girls trip and 4 of us showed up more than excited. I love to fish and try to go on my birthday every year. July 27th usually means bad fishing but flat calm offshore. We didn't expect much more than a nice boat ride. We jumped aboard and marveled at our surroundings as we headed toward the inlet; the Jupiter Light House, bright blue river, beautiful homes.. and then the open water!
A short ride later we arrived at the bait spot and started trolling, for bonitos! The other boats must have thought we were crazy, you've never seen girls have so much fun reeling in fish. We knew something they didn't, bonitos are shark bait!! The mates, Chris and Eric, talked 2 of my girlfriends through the process as they each caught their first ocean fish. There's technique to it, and they didn't make us feel silly for not knowing how. When our arms couldn't reel anymore the Capt. headed further offshore. Eric fitted me for the harness and told me what to expect. I've caught a few tunas and a few sailfish but we were headed in search of a big shark. Bigger than anything I've ever caught by 220lbs! My lesson ended as the boat slowed down and Chris tossed a little chum in the water. Before I could get the belt off I heard Capt. Marvin say "There he is Chris." I didn't even have time to get nervous!! Belt back on, harness back on, and clipped in to the biggest fish of my life!! It was a half hour fight to get him to the surface. What a rush when we finally saw him! Chris wired him and brought him next to the boat so we could all get pictures and a champagne toast soon followed. As we cut into the birthday cake we heard those words again, "There he is Chris.." a second shark! My best friend who earlier had caught her first ocean fish ever was now reeling on a massive shark! So much fun!! So many stories..
I should mention that the boat is absolutely beautiful! Impeccably maintained, and nicely decorated inside. (although we didn't spend much time inside, caught fish the entire time we were on the boat) The boat is also docked behind one of the best bars in Jupiter, The Square Grouper. We were on top of the world when we hit the dock, and thrilled to hear an awesome band playing, so we stayed for some drinks and enjoyed the rest of a perfect day.
Thank you Reel Candy for an awesome time and safe trip! Highly recommended!!!
PS. Chris, the sportfish mate, is also an awesome photographer! Ask him to snap a few shots when his hands are free. :)

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Great boat, Captain, and Crew. Very short trip from dock to fishing. Lot of action and very few dull moments. Captain was very professional and friendly. They worded hard at making sure you had a enjoyable experience. Not cheap but a bucket list experience.

1  Thank TRJ79
Reviewed June 23, 2013

thank you marvin, and eric for another great fishing trip in the bahamas. Caught big dolphin! this was another great trip on the REEL CANDY! You are first class all the way. FISH ON !