“< out of this world >”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Jupiter, Florida
“< out of this world >”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My lovely wife is a regular of the place, I only had some leftovers from her. Nonetheless, I took her one night with our kids and god its unbelievable. The food was so good that I even got something extra for my lunch the next day. The young men was right on my plate & drink. The crew were always smiling and making sure I was satisfied. It will defenily be the favorite place of the family. Thanks guys.

• Visited July 2014

USA
“If only the kitchen tried as hard as the dining room”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

There are so many terrific Cuban restaurants in the area, we hoped to find a great one close to home. Our first reaction on walking into the dining room was that it was working hard for a festive vibe: open layout, variety of seating, upbeat decor and music. The staff was similarly energetic and cheerful. The menu was a routine mix of Cuban standards, with prices that might seem a bit high, but consistent with aspirational Abacoa.

As for the food, it wasn't bad... just not as good as we'd hoped and certainly not as good as other local places. Splitting a Tamal Cubano as an appetizer, we found it uninspiring; the 'signature mojo sauce' was bland as was the cornmeal mixture, which showed little sign of the billed seasoned pork. Ropa Vieja - usually shredded as described on the menu - came as a large chunk of meat, suggesting it was not cooked long enough; the tomato-based sauce was pleasant, but no more. Lechon Asado was the best of the dishes we ordered, tasty and laced with plenty of onion. The accompanying moro (black beans with rice) was nicely done, though the rice might not have been cooked enough for some (I liked it just fine). For the other side, we had maduros (sweet plantains), which were fine. However, there were only three small morsels on each plate, compared to the mounds served in most Cuban restaurants. Servings overall were not especially generous and, while we did not go away hungry, we definitely cleaned our plates.

Bottom line: We'll probably return, because of the convenience, but will order cautiously and hope for continued improvement.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ayyar
Woodstock, New Hampshire
“Excellent Cuban food north Key West”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have been looking for a good Cuban restaurant in the Jupiter FL area since our then favorite closed down a couple of years ago.Copacabana opened recently in the Abacoa Town Center. We had heard good things about two months ago when we were last down, (we have a second home in Jupiter). Tonight we had a chance to go in person and took it. The service was prompt, courteous and upbeat. The food was perfectly cooked. Ihad the Bistec Especial CopaCabana , ordered it medium rare and that in how it came. It was melt in your mouth good. My wife had their Lechon Asado con Cebolla and reported the same. The food ranked right up there with El Siboneyin Key West

• Visited June 2014
Florida
“OK Cuban, wish I could say better”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I'm a Cuban food fan and so possibly I am hard to please and I don't really like to bash any place as I know what bad reviews can do to a business. So I will start with the positive. Great location at Abacoa, good décor and plenty of outside seating. The first thing that stood out however is the obviously untrained staff. Just somewhat of an amateur hour and not just at our table. The prices are not bad but you want adequate service at least. They need to improve there. Now the food is not bad, it's just ehh. Nothing special. We started with the Fried Yucca which comes with a nice garlic sauce in a small plastic container. It was a small order but cheap. Get two if you are a group. Okay, now I've eaten at a fair number of Cuban restaurants and most dishes automatically come with fried plantains. Not here. Come on! I went with the Bistec de Pollo with rice and beans. It was just okay. I could go on but the place has been there for a period of time and it will do in a pinch but if a better opportunity presents itself, I would take advantage.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank phenocat
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Copa 'no go back' cabana!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Unfortunately this cuban cafe let us down. It was a late dinner, maybe around 8:30 we were seated outside per our request. The ambiance was nice with lights strung up and twinkling. Our waiter came out and greeted us pleasantly. I ordered the Bistec de Pollo a la Milanesa with a side of yellow rice and their plantains. We were served a short time later. I took my first bite and and it was okay, it was an end piece and somewhat dry so I cut the meat in half to have a bite of the middle thinking it'd be more juicy. My fiance took a bite and said are you sure that's chicken? It was a little dark outside so when I looked, and moved the breading up to see the meat I saw a darker looking meat and low and behold they had served me the steak dish not the chicken dish. I don't eat red meat as a lifestyle choice. I'm not allergic thank goodness. We waited for our waiter to come out and ask us how our meal was as he hadn't been back since he served us, about ten minutes. My fiance had to get up and go inside to get our waiter. At this point he was almost done with his meal and felt bad! Our waiter came out and we explained that I ordered the chicken and received the steak dish, he apologized and said a new dish would be prepared and out very shortly. The manager came out and also apologized saying the waiter had thought I said the steak dish not the chicken dish. Needless to say a few more minutes went by and my correct dish appeared. The meat was very dry and seemed to have no seasoning. Overall, we were disappointed and won't return which is a shame because we were really looking forward to having a tasty Cuban restaurant so close to home!

• Visited May 2014