“Excellent family friendly Italian/pizza.”

Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 219 Restaurants in Jupiter
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We totally enjoyed this place. My 2 3/4 and 4 year old loved the meatballs. We had osso bucco which was also right on.
Great for NY snowbirds because the place is like you would find at home.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Last night was the third time my husband and myself had the pleasure of dining here. I can tell you the food is prepared excellent, service is wonderful, portions are even generous, even with the economy the way it is, and the atmosphere is very pleasant with Italian music, can't wait to go back and you will be cheating yourself if you don't get there and soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I used to go to Jupiter frequently on business and had eaten numerous times at Giuseppe's. I remembered the food being pretty good so when two friends and I were in the area tonight, I suggested we eat here. BIG mistake... and one that I will not repeat.

My companions' meals were acceptable but unremarkable... I made the mistake of ordering one of the specials... an encrusted flounder scampi I think was what it was called. It was literally inedible. The flavor was not good, the fish was VERY over cooked and even worse is the thick "crust, if you could call it that, together with the thin cut of overcooked fish comprised a big lump of fish flavored mush that I'm not even sure my cat would eat. To top it off, the penne was under-cooked and the sauce was nearly flavorless. I'm not a picky eater... am not one to complain and I really tried to eat it... but gave up after 4 or 5 bites. Inedible.

I called over the server and politely explained that the dish was not good. She apologized but explained that the owner really didn't seem care whenever the servers relay to him that a dish was unacceptable to a guest. Another server who overheard the conversation chimed in that when the servers take dishes back, THEY are the ones that get in trouble. I found this description of such remarkably poor customer service to be hard to believe but unfortunately found out first hand that it is entirely very accurate. Apparently the owner had left for the evening, so on the way out, I stopped at the kitchen window/take out counter and asked for Vito, who is the owner's brother, chef and possible part owner. His response to me when I very politely mentioned to him that the dish I had ordered wasn't good, was to give me a look that could only be described as "Who the hell do you think you are to tell me the food wasn't good?" He then shrugged his shoulders and mumbled, "Oh well, sorry about that," and turned away.

Even good restaurants occasionally prepare a meal badly... and I'm usually more than willing to cut them some slack, but this UTTER disdain for customer satisfaction and near outright rudeness is simply unacceptable. I took two friends to this place... I will NEVER make that mistake again. From other reviews, it seems that most people seem to find the food acceptable, but it's plain that if you ever eat at this place and find anything LESS than acceptable, you will receive no satisfaction whatsoever. For that reason, I highly recommend you go elsewhere.

1  Thank LonestarNFlorida
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had the pizza special my guest had a salad. The pizza was very good. The service was good as well. The place was empty around 1:30 on a Monday so our food came right out....the menu looks good, I plan to try it again. Worth a visit.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Alaways a good meal! Pizza is great as well. It's our staple take out place when we are having a dinner and a movie at home

Been to Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!