“" The Bestro "”

Ranked #48 of 216 Restaurants in Jupiter
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Blvd
Description: This quaint neighborhood gem has been established since 2002. Owner operated we specialize in Fresh Market Ingredients, fresh fish, and Hereford Cut Steaks, as well as many comfort dishes, such as Lamb Pie, Fish and Chips, and Liver and Onions. Our Signature dishes are Fresh Dove rSole, as well as Beef Wellington and Lobster Ravioli. Signature desserts are our Grand Marniere or Chocolate Souffles, as well as the best most Authentic Irish Coffee this side of the Atlantic. There are no strangers here only friends who have not met yet.
NY
“" The Bestro "”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went to this place on Friday about 8pm with out a reservation. The place was very busy. Liam the Matrade is a charming older gentleman sat us at a high top table in the bar. Surrounding would be casual elegance. Linen table cloth and napkins.Cool plates The room has a lot of buzz. I had a braised pork shank for an appetizer on the bone "Frenched " about 4oz it had a glaze and some dipping sauce. Tender and delicious. For on entree I had a Veal Rollitini that was the best I ever had. It was served over pasta. We had attentive but not intrusive service. The owner Decklin came over to make sure everything was satisfactory and made some pleasant conversation. We had a larger group next to us loud but not offensive and before the night was over there was actually some singing like in a real Irish Pub.

I like this place so much I came back Saturday night as a group of 8 and sat in the dinning room. The 3 of us who were there the night before loved the meal so much the first night we ordered the same again AND it came out just as good. Dining room is a bit more refined { no signing } but we had coffee that night. Best coffee anywhere it is made to order. They are not giving away the food but you are getting what your paying for.

To wrap it up I went with my family and friends there for St Patrick's Day and sat in there outdoor dinning room where they had live music. There is also an outside Bar. Three night in a row and not a negative thing I can say. When I go back to Fl I will make sure I stop in for at least one meal

As a final note I ate at Cafe Baloud in Palm Beach the first night in town. It was a lot more expensive and not as good.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank RockTorre
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Many Many Thanks for your kind words!!

North Palm Beach, Florida
“This place was hopping on St. Patrick's Day”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have frequented the Bistro a number of times and the food is good. The service is excellent. Freddy, the Maitre 'D, always takes care of his customers. He is the best in the business. Outdoor seating is available. The food is good and there is a decent bar scene. The prices may be a bit high but this is Florida and this restaurant is always busy and usually hopping.

• Visited March 2013
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for your patronage and your kind words!!
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Pathetic.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went with a family of 5 with a groupon that we purchased good for $60 worth of food for $30. I have NEVER felt so un-welcomed in a restaurant in my life. From the second the pretentious waitress saw our groupon we were treated as second class citizens. This overall feel was reinforced by the equally as snooty owner that seemed to care-less when informed that the lamb shank was 95% fat & grizzle. When the bill came we gave our groupon along with a card to pay for the meal, not only did the waitress add a gratitude to a party size that did not warrant this action, but then explained that this was groupon's "policy." After close examination of the groupon, of course, no policy was in fact true. The food could be the best food in the entire world, and you would NEVER be able to even pay me to return to this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
9 Thank Woodgate18451
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Sorry you had an unpleasant experience. I believe you have mistaken our Maitre D , Liam with me Declan the owner as I had no conversation with anyone about a fatty lamb shank. There is a policy in place with Local Dines and Charity Dines regarding gratuity being added and I believe it was a simple misunderstanding by the waitress, that it was in place on Groupon. It used to be, and I am not quite sure when and why it changed. I called our representative for Groupon to discuss it and was unsuccessful on several occasions in making contact. It is not our intention to alienate customers or offend anyone. Sometimes explaining the restrictions in place when using an already discounted coupon seems to offend, when all we we are really trying to do is to avoid any miscommunication.
“Excellent service for our large party.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

My Caesar salad was delicious and huge. The lamb pie unfortunately came out cold in the center. It was quickly taken to the kitchen and reheated mixed up with the pie crust. Not good for the crispy pie crust. But, very tasty and loaded with lamb. Too full for desert, I did sneak some of my wife's soufflé which was beyond evil.
Service was the best I've had in a long time.

2 Thank Casertast
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Your comments are greatly appreciated. Sorry about the Lamb Pie being cold. Very unusual!!
I will make the chef aware of your comments!1
Jupiter, Florida, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

After reading all the wonderful reviews we looked forward to dinner at this restaurant, however the meals are way overpriced and we were charged double for my wine. When they corrected the bill it was still wrong. Don't plan to go back. The food was nothing special.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Linda W
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I am so sorry you had an unpleasant experience. I would really like to get to the root of your issue. If you could furnish me with the night that you visited and either where you sat or possibly the name of your server, and if you spoke with any management or supervisor regarding the issue or did you deal entirely with the server.. As you can see from our reviews, the vast majority of people really enjoy the restaurant and have a very pleasurable experience. I am sure we can put things right and if you have still been overcharged for your wine, I am more than happy to rectify that. I look forward to hearing from you. My e-mail is thebistrojupiter@msn.com and my personal cell is 561-373-7723.

Best Regards

Declan Hoctor

Been to Bistro? Share your experiences!