“Always very good!”

Ranked #48 of 216 Restaurants in Jupiter
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Blvd
Description: This quaint neighborhood gem has been established since 2002. Owner operated we specialize in Fresh Market Ingredients, fresh fish, and Hereford Cut Steaks, as well as many comfort dishes, such as Lamb Pie, Fish and Chips, and Liver and Onions. Our Signature dishes are Fresh Dove rSole, as well as Beef Wellington and Lobster Ravioli. Signature desserts are our Grand Marniere or Chocolate Souffles, as well as the best most Authentic Irish Coffee this side of the Atlantic. There are no strangers here only friends who have not met yet.
White Plains, New York
“Always very good!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Bistro is one of our favorite restaurants in Florida. The food is always very good. The service is very good. The prices are reasonable. It is one of the few places around where you can get beef wellington. They make great souffles. They have an exceptional wine list with good prices. There are tables outside if you want to eat out. It is almost always crowded so you need reservation. A great spot!

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank paul1009
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Your glowing review is much appreciated

Port Salerno, Florida
“We used to go”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We used to go when Aidan was the outside bartender. Great times then. The only thing I didn't like was the maitre'd got a little to sexual for me and even though i am a fun loving gal, I didn't appreciate it at all. He's an older gentleman and I guess he thinks hes quite the ladys man. I have decided after some of his foul talk to me...I will go elsewhere. Besides Aidan isn't there anymore and the outside bar just wasn't the same. Miss you Aidan, sorry they moved you to NY. Have no idea where you are now. The food was always excellent and service was fantastic. A bit uppy for me though.

• Visited November 2011
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Aidan left in 2007 and moved to a large organization outside of the catering business. We were very sorry to lose him.
My sincere apologies for the bad experience with the Maitre Di. I sincerely hope you give us another try, as we do have a lot of single ladies who have voiced the opinion that it is one of the places they feel most comfortable coming for a drink or a bite to eat on their own. We get many more compliments than complaints about our Maitre Di, and I am sure it was not his intention to offend. It can be a fine line, but leud or foul language we certainly dont condone. I will ensure this line is not crossed in the future. Again my Sincere apologies, please feel free to call me directly prior to your next visit at 561-373-7723, as I would like to be here to apologize in person.
Long Island, New York
“Hidden Place, Attentive Service”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have been visiting this area for years and was invited to meet friends at this local restaurant, which I had never been to. I was actually surprised by the ambiance because, despite being situated in the middle of a strip mall, the owners have made it a lovely place to gather. Since it was off season and a weekday evening when I went, it was quiet, which is always important if you want to enjoy the company you have come with. While everything that was ordered for our table had a wonderful taste (my friends always let me sample), presentation could have been better. I had the Chicken Celtic, which had many tasty components but, for me, I enjoy things more when there is a visual feast as well. There was a riot of good flavor, just not a great look on the plate. Others at our table had burgers (labeled fabulous by one friend), another had a piece of seafood which again, was liked. The real gem of this restaurant is its service, which was very good. Since we were seated near the bar area, I could not help but notice the friendly way patrons were treated there as well. I will go back again.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank trvlfun
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I will pass on your comments to the relevant staff.
Look forward to wowwing you with presentation in the future!!
Boston, Massachusetts
“The Bistro - great food, great wait staff, terrible maitre'd”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This could have been a wonderful eating experience. Our waitstaff was terrific, the food was delicious, but the maitre'd, "Freddie", was pompous and downright rude. He remarked that we had looked at the menu and then walked on (we were seeing what variuous eating options were available at the location before choosing), and then he promptly ignored us to say goodby to one group and hold the door for another, walking away until we asked if we might sit at a table. We almost walked out because of him.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank HandleJiggler
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Sorry for the length of time in responding. I was on vacation and am catching up on lost time. I spoke with Freddy at length, and he assured me he certainly did not intend to come across as pompous when mentioning he had seen you look at the menus outside earlier, and that he was seating another table when you arrived. Cathleen the bartender remembered your party, and remembered explaining he would be back to take care of you shortly. Freddy was troubled that he made you feel that way and asked me to convey his sincere apologies. Freddy has been with me almost 10 years and is a consummate professional. I can say with complete certainty that this was not his intention, and and we both hope that we get the opportunity to show you so in the future. Best Regards Declan Hoctor
Marshfield
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My wife and I went to the Bistro for the first time last night. We did not have reservations, but the hostess and staff made us feel that we were very welcomed and were happy to accomodate us despite their being quite busy. The wait staff was great and very attentive. And the food was outstanding!

I highly recommend the Bistro.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank 2plusadog
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Your comments are greatly appreciated

Declan Hoctor Owner / Bistro

Been to Bistro? Share your experiences!