“Extremely Expensive, Small Portions, Mediocre Food”

Sinclair's Ocean Grill
Ranked #67 of 216 Restaurants in Jupiter
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Jupiter, Florida
“Extremely Expensive, Small Portions, Mediocre Food”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We have lived in the area for quite a while and have periodically eaten at Sinclair's over the years. We ate there recentlyt as well as last year. We also dine at many of the other local restaurants. Every time we go to the restaurant there is hardly anyone there which is ok in itself. The decore is nice and the restaurant seems to be clean. Prices on Entrees are from about $22 up to maybe $40. Everything is ala carte and the portion sizes are fairly small. In general the prices seem quite high. I was considering scallops for $29 but was told the meal consists of 4 scallops. I don't care how big the scallops are that's not much food. I ordered fish instead and was given a small amount of grouper instead. I have never been particularly impressed with the quality of the food. It's probably acceptable if you are staying at the hotel on business. I hope to be impressed one day by the food.

The service was good on our last visit. We were only one of a couple of tables occupied in the restaurant. The service on our visit a year ago was not as good.

The property and hotel are very nice.

For those new to the area I recommend the Food Shack which is about 2 blocks walk from the hotel in the Publix shopping center. This is not cheap either but the seafood is outstanding. Its a very laid back place but the food is outstanding. A fillet of fish dinner will probably cost around $30. Jettys is also popular if you are looking for a view and good food.

3 Thank DiverM

Jupiter, FL
“Nice, but overpriced”
Reviewed July 10, 2007

Sinclair's is located in the Jupiter Beach Resort Hotel. The hotel is located on the ocean, which is nice, although the oceanview from the dining area is obstructed There is a nice patio area and bar near the hotel pool, though.

I've eaten at Sinclair's for dinner and Sunday brunch. I've found the food to be of good quality, but not exceptional. The food and service for Sunday brunch was below what I would expect for the prices that are charged.

The bar area is great for drinks and sometimes has live piano music which adds to the atmosphere. It tends to be less crowded than other restaurant bars in the area.

Overall, it's one of the better restaurants in Jupiter with OK good and a decent location, but be prepared to pay 5 star prices for 3.5 to 4 star quality food and 3 star service.

5 Thank JPinJupiter
Lake Worth, Florida
“Incredible Cuisine!”
Reviewed November 4, 2005

Wow - what an experience. The Jupiter Beach Resort recently completed extensive renovations so we thought we'd check it out. What a spectacular transformation. It was already one of our favorite spots but this is far beyond expectations. I know what you're thinking - a hotel restaurant? This is different. Their restaurant, Sinclairs Grille, also enjoyed the upgrades and it resonates from the service levels to the quality of the food. Great staff and outstanding menu offerings along with an adequate wine selection made for a great culinary experience. If you have the time, stay afterwards and have a drink outside to enjoy the ocean breeze. The night we dined there was also a performer doing some island music. A perfect finish to a perfect evening. Great job.

5 Thank smcd225

Been to Sinclair's Ocean Grill? Share your experiences!