“Pretty Good Food, Staff Not Well Trained”

Sinclair's Ocean Grill
Ranked #46 of 218 Restaurants in Jupiter
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Hostess asked me if I preferred an ocean or pool view, of course I said "ocean". There is no ocean view, just a high sea grape hedge. I was solo, they put me at a two-person table and never removed the other place setting. In fact, they never removed anything, including my empty drink glass, etc. Food was pretty good, but overpriced.

1  Thank JimBobTraveler

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We visited on a Friday evening, with a reservation. Upon arrival, there was no host/hostess at the stand, which seemed unusual for a Friday at 6 PM. The woman who offered menus and walked us to the table stated, "I'm not a hostess, I'm a bartender." I don't mean to be rude, but if you work for the restaurant, and you're seating me at a table, I really don't care what your resume says...A simple "Welcome to Sinclair's" would have been sufficient.
We were seated at a table right below the air conditioning vent. Throughout the meal, there was condensation dripping from the vent - Not very appetizing, but not worth moving - It just seems that their air controls get thrown off, since the door to the outdoor patio is constantly opened and closed - Just be sure to choose your seating strategically!
The entrees for a group of 7 people came a total of 7 minutes apart from one another. Four people got meals right away, then another two, and then the final one. The last dish was swordfish, which was unusual since there was another swordfish served 3-4 minutes prior. The waiter stated that the last swordfish was "A little thicker cut, so it took longer to cook." I found that to be a poor excuse, and not supported by facts.
Food overall was tasty. Prices were a bit high, but not obnoxious for a resort dining room. In general, there's noting terrible, but just nothing to write home about.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Excellent service, beautiful location, food was delicious.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

The food is fabulous. the place is very inviting and a lovely ambiance. The servers are as nice as you can get. a little on the pricey side but not so much for Jupiter.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Food was excellent and not to pricey, however, it took a long time to get our food, and the staff were not very hospitable.