“A night to remember”

Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Tonight 12 of my family members went to Pasquale's to memorialize my mother, who died last month. We chose Pasquale's because we celebrated my parents 60th anniversary there several years back. I was hesitant since it's rated so low on Trip Advisor . After a wonderful evening there I have no idea why it isn't rated higher. Our table for 12 was waiting for us. Our water & baskets of garlic bread & garlic knots arrived shortly after we did & were kept full . Everything from appetizers (giant shrimp cocktail, prosciutto & melon, lightly fried calamari, stuffed clams and stuffed artichokes) to soup & salad to entrees (grouper Mediterranean, veal Parmesan, tortellini, ravioli, spaghetti...) to espresso & dessert (cannoli & tartufo) were delicious. My daughter- in-law enjoyed her gnocchi with pesto sauce but I found it a little chewy for my taste. My brother, whose wife makes incredible cheesecake, didn't care for the texture of their cheesecake. Two minor complaints after a 4-course meal for 12 isn't bad. The restaurant had been redesigned & redecorated since the last time we had been there. It was cozy & intimate. I never even noticed the other 2 parties in the room. The highlight of the evening was definitely the Italian gentleman who walked through the rooms of the restaurant playing the guitar & singing in Italian. Service was prompt & friendly, food was delicious, prices were reasonable. What's not to like?

Reviewed October 12, 2013

It was never good to begin with. Those poor servers, so nice and they are there for a long time. I hope this season Joe is happy and he'll make a go of it. The food is good and reasonable, just not a happy place. He had a good staff to hang in there for so long.

3  Thank Judith L
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Everyone was very friendly in the restaurant. we had a stuffed artichoke just like grandma use to make. Also we the clams posilipo were excellent just the right amount of garlic and herbs great for dunkin your bread. For dinner we had the shrimpfra diablo the shrimps were hugh. Also the osso buco with rissotto was the best i had in this area .And with reasonable prices . GGGGreat Surprise in this area.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were in the area visiting and decided to give this place a shot. Boy what a mistake. The restaurant is small, dark, and old. We did get seated quickly only to wait for roughly 20 mins to have a server attend to us. We ordered entrees & salads. The salads took no less than 30 mins to arrive and my husband needed the correct salad dressing. The server never brought it so my husband had no salad. While waiting we noticed several other guests being seated, waited on, served, and greeted by what appeared to be the owner and the mgmt staff. We asked to see the manager about our service and he appeared to ignore our request and follow what appeared to be the owner outside the restaurant. We decided we had enough and decided to leave. I went out side only to find the two talking personal stuff, ignoring us once again. The server made his way outside only to advise them once again he had a very unhappy guest where I saw the roll their eyes. The server pointed to me advising I was one of the guests and then they acted like it was a urgent requests. My husband did speak with whomever and they seem to be regretful for their lack of concern for their guests. Oh, and the salad served had dated lettuce (brown) and was just nasty. I do NOT recommend this establishment!

8  Thank Trustme0
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Worst service my family has ever experienced! Not to mention it is very dark, dated, and the food quality is poor to say the least. We had a issue,asked to speak with the owner who ignored the requests by his staff on several
attempts. He was to busy talking [--] to one of his regular customers and tried to ignor us and our duspleasure. It was apparent if you are not a regular customer and are known by the staff you will not be treated as a paying customer but more
as a incovience to the establishment. Don't waste your time & money for such
poor quality food and service. We ended up leaving and going to another restaurant in the area which was outstanding!

3  Thank Trustme0