“Eat like a local!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This restaurant is on my regular line-up. They always have a long, ecclectic list of specials but I always order the same thing... Fisherman's Stew. It's the first item under Appetizers on their regular menu but it's big enough for a meal! Chunks of fresh fish, mussels, clams, calamari, scallops in the most deeee-lish broth! OMG I could just dunk the garlic bread (comes with) in the broth and call it a day. They make good cocktails here too. Sit in or out. They have music too. Service is always friendly and accommodating.

1  Thank FLgirlDM

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My brother who lives in Jupiter tool me here. The Fisherman Stew for lunch was super. I went back the next night and had Grouper. Everything was great. Friendly staff.

1  Thank Ken O
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We are locals and Schooners has the best fish sandwich anywhere - even in the Florida Keys which we go to several times a year. For the money it cannot be beat. They give you two sides (we get beans and rice and vegies) and for a small up charge you can get a salad for a side. We sit outside on the street where there are trees with lights to hide the traffic. The service is great as most of the servers have been there for years.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Especially an oyster po' boy I've had there more than once, but doesn't seem to be on the menu now - could have been one of the daily specials which are always interesting and the seafood is so fresh.

I prefer going at lunch because prices increase dramatically at dinner.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

OMG, we don't have this option in NY, but this was fabulous, bring in your own fresh fish and they cook it for you! This was the coolest thing. We need more of this. We brought in fresh red snapper, had it cooked three ways, and it was by far the best I have ever had. For a few dollars more, they cooked all of the fish we had with us. Being out of town and staying in a hotel, it was a great meal and even better later on in the day for a snack. We will be back!