“Return Trip”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Memphis, Tennessee
“Return Trip”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

This was our 3rd year to eat here. Each time the menu is different and food is better. Never had a bad meal here. This trip I had the grouper fingers which were fresh and delicious. Love the casual, laid back atmosphere. Wait staff are incredibly nice and always attentive.

• Visited October 2013

Vero Beach, Florida
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This restaurant is exactly what a place in South Florida should be. Tropical decor, unpretentious, helpful staff. We sat outside- there is also inside seating, We had, among other things, the best conch chowder we've ever had. Also had an excellent shrimp scampi and macadamia nut crusted dolphin. Enjoyed it so much, we went back the next night for stone crabs (season just opened) Also loved the Clams Casino. Highly recommend.

Visited October 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Worth Coming Back To”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The evening mgr at our hotel said Schooner's was her favorite restaurant. After one visit we understand why. The outside atmosphere is festive, the waitstaff friendly and attentive. My lady had a salad and very tasty salmon quesadilla's while I chose a blackened dolphin bits dinner. Everything was very good and the prices were very reasonable, something you can't say about that number 1 restaurant. According to our waitress, the owner was in the kitchen cooking that evening and it feels like a place where ownership cares.
Then to top it all off, we ate early enough to catch happy hour. How can you beat Stella Artois for a buck? When in the Jupiter area again, we'll definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Glad We Stopped In!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I spent this past Labor Day weekend down in Jupiter, FL and stumbled upon this place after searching for a local seafood joint. (We weren't interested in the corporate chains that were a block over on US 1.) We ended up liking it so much that we did something we rarely do - we dined at this same restaurant two days in a row!

On our first visit, we had the fried conch fritter appetizer ($8.95). I can't remember how many came on the plate (I think there were 6 to 8 of them) but the portion size was generous. These tasty golden nuggets were like hush puppies filled with bits of conch and chopped veggies. The dipping sauces complimented the fritters nicely.

There was a chalkboard boasting dozens of off-the-menu specials. My husband had the fried grouper sandwich. The panko crusted fish was perfectly done and delicious. It was topped with bacon and cheese, which was good but not really necessary given that the fish could definitely stand on its own merits. The sandwich came with a side of fries.

I had a crab salad inside a halved avocado. And yes, it was as yummy as it sounds. The crab salad was heavy on the crab meat. (No filler was added.) I liked the accompanying avocado and salad greens. It satisfied my seafood craving and satsified my hunger without being too heavy.

On our second visit, we had the smoked fish dip appetizer (8.95). Although the name sounds strange, it was one of the best appetizers we've had. The dip is more of a thick, creamy mayonaise based spread that came with assorted crackers.

My husband chose the mixed seafood grill as his entree which included blackened portions of dolphin, fish of the day and skewered shrimp over a bed of rice pilaf. Very enjoyable.

I forgot the name of my dish but it was a calabasa based soup with tons of seafood in it - fish, clams, mussels, shrimp, etc. in a huge bowl. Two slices of toasty garlic bread came with it. It was my favorite dish of the entire weekend.

Service here was extremely vigilant and very friendly. Our waitress Mindy was helpful and pleasant. Even the other servers and bus boys made sure our glasses were never empty.

I'm not sure why there weren't that many guests here for lunch on the holiday weekend. Seems like most of them were across the street at Guanaba's. But that was fine with us. We'll definitely be back to Schooner's next time we are in Jupiter!

• Visited September 2013
Jupiter, Florida
“Always a good meal”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I especially love the eggs Benedict on Sunday mornings. Other days, the blackened dolphin Caesar is deleicious

• Visited August 2013