“OK but nothing special”

Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“OK but nothing special”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

It's like a hundred other places up and down the coast. If in the area I'd stop in, safe in knowing that I would get a better fish sandwich here than in McD's, but I see no reason to go out of my way to eat here.

Gainesville GA
“Great casual Resturant”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Very good Seafood. Casual. Oysters from cold waters of NE, fresh and large size.
Always found the seaford to be fresh, tasty and larger portions than some restaurants in the area.
God wine list.
Always eat there at least twice when we are in the area..

• Visited January 2012
North Carolina
“Seafood At Its Best!”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

What a wonderful place! The hostess was very welcoming and seated us immediately. I began with the Shrimp, Crab and Sweet Potato Bisque. I had never heard of this combination before, but it was so delicious and the flavors just flowed together. For dinner I had the shrimp stuffed with crabmeat. Excellent in taste and portion size. I selected the zucchini and squash as my side (again, delicious). I was stuffed and did not have dessert but did hear the table next to us exclaiming over their dessert choices. While we were there, a couple came in and sat in the outside area. I noticed the woman had a leash and was horrified to see that she had brought her dog. Thankfully, the waitress informed the couple that the manager could not allow her to serve them with the dog in the area. They were upset, but promptly left. Come on folks, if your family dog sits near the dinner table at your home, that's your business. But at a restaurant? NO!! I love dogs more than anyone can imagine, but that is as unsanitary as kissing your dog in the mouth. On the way out I said a special thank you to the manager. This is definitely not a place to be missed. The food and service are excellent. Just leave your pets at home!!

• Visited February 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very good food!”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Lots of history here. Old time seafood place that consistently puts out god seafood. Inside and outside seating.

Dahlonega, Georgia
“very average food”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stopped here on our trip down the coast of Florida hoping for some good food. Seemed crowded with regulars, locals , & visitors. I ordered the mahi fish sandwich came with fires, slaw and rice and black beans $ 19 . My husband ordered the hamburger. My fish was tiny, beans and rice medicore and cold, but the slaw was fantastic. My husband had better hamburgers! The people next to us, a 4 top full of 2 elderly couples all sent their soup back since they thought is was too cold. The waitress got my drink order wrong 2 x. It was a clean place with nautical and beachy atmosphere and outdoor eating but I would not give it a second try. Maybe if you vacation there you are stuck with this place but we were passing through and I have had way better food at much better prices!

• Visited February 2012