“Great View Great Food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This is by far my favorite restaurant in Jupiter. When out of town friends come to visit ..I take them here. You look out over the inlet at the lighthouse..it is picture perfect. I have never had a bad meal here EVER, but my favorite are the crab cakes (full of crab meat) and the fried shrimp combo. My husband likes the steak tips or the special of the day. The blacken fish is always good too. They serve and garlic bread when you are seated. The restaurant is decorated in upsale Florida funky..pickled cypress walls, stuffed fish..like swordfish etc. and the back opens up to a huge deck seating area with lighthouse water views. Oh I almost forgot the most important the drinks here are very good, very good..I love the Cosmos and Vodka and Tonics . If you order dessert, the key Lime Pie is a treat..I order without whip cream...so I can really taste the lime..yummy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,145)

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We were on vacation and had eaten here on previous trip. However since our last trip our family had grown. We figured opening on a Monday night would be a good time to go restaurant was less than half full and it had started raining after we arrived.

Our first mistake was ordering waters (sorry all day in sun, kids need water) - server not happy. Wife asks for kids menu - server quickly runs through a list of items, when asked for a printed kids menu server responds - "I just told you what they are!" Yep - you did, but a printed list helps - pictures are even better. Wife asks again, server (in a huff) repeats the list.

Wife asks for recommendations on fish - states type of fish she likes, server responds with we don't have that, this is what we have - again, not asking for that, asking for a recommendation. In the end, I had to help wife pick something since server couldn't recommend anything.

I ordered FL Mahi Mahi grilled - very good. Kid's dishes far exceeded the server's description. Jetty's would really benefit from a printed menu. Steak tips exceeded our expectations - kids loved them. Chicken fingers were hand made and very tasty (I had many samples).

We already have plans to return to the area next year, but will keep our $150 - $200 for dinner for another restaurant.

3  Thank Flysforfood
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Upon walking into Jetty’s last night noted brochures set up at the reception area advertising “Shark Fishing” and was shocked because a fish restaurant should know that if it weren’t for sharks the fish population would diminish, simply, the oceans would die. The “catch and release” feature is bogus as the majority of sharks that “swim off” really die of delayed mortality…
As for the meal, let’s just say our waiter was “just not into us.” Had to repeatedly ask for various items; my Balsamic Vinaigrette salad tasted like pure vinegar, my eyes burned and could only get down one bite. Would not have been surprised if the plating dissolved off the fork! My fish was dry, supposedly served in a “wine sauce” that I did not taste. No tarter. The asparagus was the only thing reasonably edible. Definitely not worth the aggravation/money this time.

2  Thank eatoutoftenfl
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Enjoyed our first experience to Jetty's. Fairly busy but we were seated near the bar almost as soon as we entered. Service and food was excellent. Especially loved the Hot Crab Dip. Probably would wait to be seated outside next time as it was pretty stuffy inside with the huge doors to the patio wide open.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was our first visit to this restaurant. It was very busy even though it is the summer. Friday night in season there will most likely be a wait. There is indoor and outdoor (overlooking the lighthouse) seating and a bar. Plenty of parking for now, but I don't know how it is in season. The hostesses were pleasant and we were seated immediately. We were promptly greeted by our very knowledgable waitress who gave us the menu and then told us the specials for the night. All sounded delicious. We chose the Chilean sea bass and Hogsnapper. We were served our salads and bread while waiting. So far, so good. A good sign of the yummy food to come. The food was plated attractively and served at the right temperature. Tasty, tasty. They know how to cook fish! For dessert we shared a Mississippi mud pie, but honestly I could've eaten it all by myself! Oh, so good! The amount of food was sufficient, but not overwhelming (e.g., not like Cheesecake Factory). This is not a cheap dinner, but you leave feeling you got your money's worth in quantity and quality. The appetizers were about $7-12, the entrees were about $25-30. There were a few children there, but it is really an adult restaurant. I think they open at 5P, 7 days a week.

Been to Jetty's? Share your experiences!