“Good, But Be Prepared To Be Aggressive If You Arrive Early”
Review of Jetty's

Jetty's
Ranked #4 of 216 Restaurants in Jupiter
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good, But Be Prepared To Be Aggressive If You Arrive Early”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We ate here twice recently on our first visit to this area. We are from the Gulf Coast originally, so we know our seafood. Overall the seafood is good, but not great. We ordered the crabcake appetizer, and it was outstanding. The salad was subpar, and the fish entrees were ok, nothing special. We ordered the chocolate desert, and it was good. However, the atmosphere is outstanding, if you can get a table overlooking the canal. There is a major problem with the way they handle their seating for the early bird seating (early specials run from 5-6). We arrived at 4:30-were the second people to get there. You are allowed to go inside, but you must wait in the waiting area, behind a tacky 'rope'. They do not take reservations or put you on a wait list, or pass out beepers (which is ridiculous for a restaurant of this caliber), so they have no way to determine the order in which people arrive. We took a seat near the front of the waiting area. Between 4:30 and 5:00, may people continued to arrive (most of them elderly), and the waiting area filled up, with people rudely pushing themselves to the front in front of others who had been waiting a long time. I have never seen so many older people pushing and 'running over' people to get to the front of a line in my life. Once the tacky 'rope' was removed, I made it to the front (actually second), and mentioned to the manager that they need a more organized way of handing this; I could not believe what she said: she indicated that this was "the way they had done it for 20 something years (I think she said 28)". I was really afraid that someone was going to be trampled on and seriously injured. There were handicapped and elderly people in the waiting area. It only takes one time. I don't think that it is the 'right' thing to do just because you've always done it that way. If that were true, we'd still have slavery in the South. I'm giving this restaurant 4 stars, because the food was good and the atmosphere was outstanding. But, if you go, between 5-6, be prepared to be very aggressive, if you want to sit outside with a good view.

• Visited December 2013

“Great Location-Lousy Food”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant location was fabulous!An outside table is lovely with a view of the lighthouse and boat slips. The waitstaff is attentive and pleasant. The food was standard, cookie-cutter fare and not delicious at all. The key lime pie was gritty and not worth the calories! Would recommend only for happy hour & will never return!

2 Thank Jtrooney75
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I love Jettys.. great food, coconut shrimp is to die for. I always make sure I make it to Jettys when I come down for a visit several times a year! You will not be sorry.

• Visited August 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Still the Best in Jupiter,Florida.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

This was our 4th visit to Jetty's when in this area of South Florida. As always the food and table service were excellent. If you want a consistently high quality seafood dinner Jetty's is the place. I have never been disappointed when I come here for dinner. My favorite is the locally caught Florida grilled Mahi Mahi. Highly recommended.

Visited December 2013
“Fabulous Dinner with Exceptional Service!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Our party of four had a truly wonderful and memorable dining experience at Jetty's this evening. First of all, we had the best service ever! Our waiter, Seth, was simply the nicest and most professional waiter! We enjoyed delightful Caesar salads and entrées that included the blackened mahi mahi, filet mignon and stuffed shrimp. The heath bar dessert was over-the-top wonderful. We usually sit outside to inhale the glorious view of the Jupiter lighthouse and Jupiter inlet. We had a perfect dining experience this evening as we celebrated with an early Christmas dinner. We are most grateful to have had such a fine waiter who allowed our party to enjoy dinner at our leisure! We'll be back . . .

• Visited December 2013

Been to Jetty's? Share your experiences!