“They have taken my standards for a restaurant experience to a new level”
Review of Food Shack

Food Shack
Ranked #2 of 218 Restaurants in Jupiter
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Now I know why this place is number 1 in Jupiter by Tripadvisor. The food at this restaurant is absolutely great!!! The name "The Food Shack" is misleading. Actually, it is a quaint restaurant in a strip mall that has a very nice beach restaurant theme with the usual beach scene items interdispersed with some very pleasing artistic pictures. It is not like a shack at all. One can sit at individual tables or at the bar and watch the chefs prepare your excellent meal. I like the casual environment. The menu centers around a large variety of sea food dishes that are prepared by blending unusual flavors. Come early as this place fills with locals quickly.
We started our lunch with a Coconut Shrimp appetizer that was lightly breaded and served over a bed of fresh fruit. The fruit was seasoned with a bit of heat and was a great accompanyment to the shrimp and special coctail sauce. My son ordered the Wahoo encrusted with Butternut Potato Chip Sea Salt Ginger over watermelon, papaya, pear salad with Horseradish Kiwi dressing. I had a bite and the melding of flavors was wonderful. My daughter-in-law ordered a Calamari Steak Sandwich which she devoured without giving up any samples. I may try that myself on the next visit. My wife ordered the BBQ grilled Wahoo wrap with butternut squash, green apple, bacon slaw with gorgonzola. I tried a bite of that too and the BBQ sauce was not overpowering but offered a unique flavor to the huge chunk of fish nestled in the very fresh thin wrap. I had the Plate of the Day which consisted of local grilled Cobia with grilled asparagus, fresh Arugula topped with mushroom shallot sherry cream sauce. They shaved big chunks of parmeason over the top of that. Oh my goodness!!! This was among the very best fish dinners that I have had on either coast...perhaps even the best. The sauce was delicate and accentuated the flavor of the fish which was grilled to perfection. Asperagas? Grilled perfectly...cooked but with just the right amount of crunch.
The only problem with this restaurant is that it is sooo hard to choose what to order. My son, who has come here often says that he has never found a dish that he didn't like. I believe it.
Our waitress was most attentive. We ordered different types of iced tea and she never failed to bring the right refill to the right person. Most important, our glasses were never empty. This place has it all together, great chef, great wait staff, relaxing environment and, obviously, good management. I will be coming here again to try other fish dishes with unusual accompanyments. Sorry about stealing the Daily Specials Lunch sheet, but I knew that I could not do this place justice unless I could describe the dishes in the way that the chef did.

1  Thank 98,502
Write a ReviewReviews (1,504)

997 - 1,001 of 1,504 reviews

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have been wanting to go for a long while but never had the time to wait. Well, finally got there -and the wait WAS long (1.5 hours; but TJ Maxx is nearby so my wife did not mind). The food is very tasty and prepared properly. I greatly appreciated the fact that this local eatery catered to the local craft breweries with a fine selection. Ethan is a great waiter and was very patient with my wife who had trouble deciding which of the appealing dishes she wanted

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Most people I know love this place. I don't. I think their food is rather bizarre, every dish seems to have at least 47 ingredients and even a piece of fish has to be served covered in mango salsa or something equally exotic.
Whenever the basic flavor of a dish has to be totally smothered I always wonder why? Are they trying to cover something up? If I want to taste salsa, why wouldn't I just order that instead of an expensive cut of fish or chicken that I can't even taste?
The lines outside would show that most people disagree with me, but to me this is an overcrowded, noisy, overpriced restaurant.

3  Thank BJHFlorida
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The only reason this place the only reason it isnt a 5 across the board is that it is so popular and the food so delicious that the wait time can be very long.Is it worth it? Yes, but dont go if youre in a hurry.

1  Thank Sweet34335
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Although you don't sit outside and the view isn't especially scenic this is a Jupiter institution. Great local spot with truly unique seafood flavor. Expect to wait during peak times and specials do sell out which I like because you know the food is fresh. A must if you are in town. The tuna basil and panko oyster apps are my go to but the specials are really nice if you feel like experimenting ask your server for their favorite dish! This is the type of place I love to bring guests because it's not a chain with the same food you can get anywhere.