“Excellent as usual!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Stuart, Florida
“Excellent as usual!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Food Shack tonight for dinner. We usually go for lunch which is always busy. The servers are friendly and quick. No waiting here and tonight was the same. Arrived just before 7 and sat at bar. I recommend this as it is fun to watch the cooks work. We ordered and our dinner was served about twenty minutes later even though it was busy. Lots of interesting items, but there is something for everyone. Truly the best restaurant in Jupiter and probably the Treasure Coast too!

Visited September 2013

Westminster, Massachusetts
“Overrated....( especially if you have coupons)”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We've heard such good things about this place so when we were down in Florida ( we are down there very often, with our boy 9 and girl 8), we decided to go to The Food Shack ( we even had coupons). The inside is really cool, and the wait was long, so at first we were getting good vibes, and the staff was friendly).
We ordered, but found out that the coupon menu is separate from the regular menu. We ordered, and we waited for the food. We had gone a bit later at night, and we waited for our food for almost an hour. My girl ( only 8) was falling asleep in her seat, but the seats were so small and close together that she barely had any room to breathe ( we had a full party squeezing into a table next to us).
The food came and we began to eat, and it was good. But towards the end of the meal, my husband and I were both feeling sick to our stomachs. We went back to our beach house and we spent the rest of the night on the toilet ( sorry it is so descriptive, but we had to tell the truth).

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Angelina F
The Villages, Florida
“What a crock”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

If this is the best restaurant in Jupiter then the whole town is on crack! We happened to be in the strip mall around dinner, saw the sign, and decided to give it a try. We were looking for something light as we had a large lunch. The place was somewhat busy but we were seated quickly near the bar. The tables here are about 12 inches apart so be prepared to share your meal/conversations with people to your left and right as they are basically seated at your table.
The salads start at $18. If you want anything on them, like chicken or shrimp, that's extra. A couple glasses of grocery store wine and two mediocre salads and you are out $60, not counting the tip. I've spent much more than that at other places but always felt I got something of value in return. Not here.
Every other meal we had in the Jupiter area was more satisfying and certainly a much better value.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank kidshelleen51
Brielle, New Jersey
“if u like fish-this is the place”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Took my family here on vacation--we had fish tacos,tile fish,tripletail and I had sweet potato encrusted wahoo served over greens which was really good. There was not one speck of food left on our plates. We also shared 2 deserts. The menu is unique--and may be a bit much for conservative eaters. The lady at the next table was having a hard time ordering,(20 questions) but if you are adventurous-this is the place for you. Would not go here on a weekend--do not like to wait.

• Visited August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fantastically Unique”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wow! My husband and I ate here twice on our vacation. The first time we had the blue crab egg roll appetizer and the horseradish encrusted grouper over greens and melon relish. It was good, but I wasn't blown out of the water. But the second time was divine! I had the scallops which came with a spicy fruit salad and a cucumber slaw. Sounds weird, but it was sooooo delicious. All the flavored paired wonderfully. My husband had the Hawaiian calamari appetizer for his meal. Wow is all I can say. Unlike anything else I have ever had, but so amazing. This place is not for a conservative eater. But if you are open to trying new flavor combinations and unique preparation styles this is FOR SURE a must!

• Visited August 2013