“Excellent Meal”

Food Shack
Ranked #1 of 215 Restaurants in Jupiter
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Both this and the other restaurant they have are amazing. Food and menu are both great. Lots of unique choices and very great flavors.

Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Fish Dishes in Jupiter”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The most creative and healthy way to enjoy dinner in Jupiter. A landmark restaurant and a local favorite. I never get tired of eating there and the menu is always changing offering new items. Plus you can get another local favorite micro beer from Tequesta Brewing Company. Local fish and local beer- nothing beats it!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Stevecrist
Florida
“Just gotta love it...”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We love to eat here and our strategy is usually the same. Get here early or late and you will have a short wait. Don't pass up the opportunity to sit at the counter if it's available. Order from the list of daily appetizers, but if you get there too late, some of the items may be gone. I like this especially because it shows that everything is fresh. We usually order two or three appetizers and find that it's plenty of food. Order a dessert, they are big and exceptional. If you have to wait for a table, then wait. It's worth it. The staff is friendly and there is always a good feeling in the dining room.

• Visited June 2013
Miami, Florida
“Food was great but I won't go back.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

It started with a 30 minute wait for a table for 2 to have a late lunch. After waiting 25 minutes a group of 4 shows up and is seated less than 5 minutes later (they don't take reservations). Why weren't we seated instead? No idea. We were seated shortly thereafter only because we agreed to sit at the counter, do not for a minute imagine a nice diner counter. The counter was cramped and looked into the cooking area with the area over the counter covered in pictures. We could literally reach out and touch the cooks, no lie. The food was delicious beginning with a conch fritter like none I have ever had (and I have had quite a few) followed by a wonderful sweet-potato crusted dolphin on a bed of greens with green beans and mango and a key lime dressing. Also had the fish and chips which was very good although a bit skimpy on the fish. Our issue with the restaurant is how cramped it is. You cannot move in your chair without bumping into your neighbor. The noise level was terrible as well, almost deafening. Sitting in the cooking area we could see when our lunch was ready however it was another 5 minutes before our food was brought to us. I would not mind getting the food to go and eating it elsewhere. If you like cramped quarters this is the place for you.

• Visited June 2013
“Excellent food, service and environment”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

The Food Shack is recommended as a local restaurant and I can see why. The decor has a funky, relaxed vibe and the food is absolutely delicious. Service was excellent. Both my husband and I had fish dishes and it was frankly some of the best fish we've ever had. I'll be back when I'm back in Jupiter.

Visited June 2013