“Rated #1 for a reason!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Pleasantville, New York
“Rated #1 for a reason!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wow, this was unexpected! After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we drove around a bit to find this place. It is in a strip mall, and the windows are covered with dark curtains or paper, so it looks closed. Once we got up close, we could see it was actually open, and when we went in, we found a bustling busy little restaurant! The food was delicious, with an amazing ecclectic menu. Very casual atmosphere and dress code, but the food was top rate / upscale. I agree with the rating of # 1 in Jupiter... YUMMY...

1 Thank Val S

Tampa, Florida
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My friends and I travel to Jupiter Florida several times a summer to go scuba diving. We have eaten at Little Moir's Food Shack several times and it never disappoints. Great fresh seafood is the main reason to go here, but the unique way it is prepared separates it from the myriad of "seafood restaurants" ubiquitous to Florida. Large fillets of gouper, yahoo, tripletail, salmon, all prepared with herbs and sauce and seved over beds of vegetables or in bowls or with noodles etc. The cooking and prep is very unique, fusion at its best. To watch the cooks while sitting at the bar is a real treat- grilling an avacado??!! they do it!. The restaurant is small and packed and has a lot of ecclectic pics and decor, the staff is competent and friendly and good wine and beer selection is part of the experience. The prices are not cheap, but what you get is not ordinary and well worth it! Soooo much better than the standard sea fare!!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Love the Food Shack”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

You walk in a strip mall. There are stickers on the door. You walk in and what you find is simply awesome. The decor is laid back. The service is friendly and fun. You are treated as a long lost friend. But the food is special. I get to Jupiter maybe once a year and I insist on eating here. I have never had anything bad. I have never had anything average. Everything is great.

Tables are close to each other which invites conversations with fellow patrons. I spoke with the people at the other tables and they all loved their meals too.

I go the white chocolate coconut cheesecake creme brulea (however you spell it) for dessert. It may have been the best dessert I have ever had.

Cave Creek, Arizona
“Verry Good!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Unusual food and place. California surfer dude atmosphere. The staff is young and friendly. prices are reasonable and there can be long waits depending on the time you get there. The menu will make you smile and intrigue you. Not the best looking place, but don't let that discourange you.

• Visited April 2013
Warren, Ohio
“One of the best seafood cafe's in Florida”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family and I ate at the Food Shack for lunch. There was a group of 17 of us. Since the Food Shack does NOT take reservations we called in the morning the day we were going to go to lunch just to let them know we had a large group. We wanted to know when the best time would be to come in. They let us know that it was pretty light that day and so when we did get there around 1pm they led us into a side room which we had all to ourselves. It was one of the best experiences of my life to have our whole family sitting as one large table with our own two servers in a separate room with no noise from other diners. Everyone will remember the Food Shack.
Thanks.