“Good Local Italian Food”
Review of Nick's Tomatoe Pie

Nick's Tomatoe Pie
Ranked #59 of 216 Restaurants in Jupiter
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Nick's Tomatoe Pie is a full service restaurant serving traditional Italian cuisine for over 25 years. Your dinner includes soup or salad and pasta where appropriate, accompanied by Italian bread and roasted garlic. It has been voted best in Northern Palm Beach several times.
The Villages, Florida
“Good Local Italian Food”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a good Italian Restaurant. The atmosphere is pleasing with piped in Rat Pack type music. We got there at 4pm (while travelling up from Hollywood back to Leesburg). Unfortunately, they did not open until 4:30 as we were told by the gentleman at the door. We decided to wait in the car until then. Shortly after that, the same gentleman came out to our car and invited us in to wait in the bar until they started serving. I thought this was very nice and good customer service. While at the bar, we had cappucino's which were very good.

After being seated, the waitress brought us a bag of fresh baked, warm Italian bread with warm roasted whole garlic in olive oil that is used instead of butter. It was delicious!

We started out with salads. Just FYI, my wedge salad was a bit lean. The wedge was only a few leafs and very small. It was not what I was expecting, but it tasted fine.

For dinner, my husband ordered a pizza with his own special toppings and I had the Parmigiana Combo consisting of veal, eggplant and chicken parmigiana that was served with a side of penne pasta marinara.

Our food was delicious, but our meals did not come to our table at the same time. The pizza came a few minutes after my dinner was served.

We have no complaints about our service or the taste of our food. The female bartender and our waitress were very good and hospitable.

The food is very close to what I consider authentic Italian food. I am Italian and Jewish and grew up eating real Italian food in Brooklyn. These people do a very good job using real cheeses and seasonings.

• Visited January 2012

Luxembourg
“American Italian not Italian, Italian”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is a very busy and popular restaurant. I understand in the season there are very long lines for a table. The food is good and wholesome. It is prepared with fresh ingredients and the service is friendly although a little casual. We went in June when the crowds have gone and you do not have to wait in line.
We had an enjoyable evening.
Please note. Those of us from Europe will not recognise this as true Italian cooking. This is definitely the American Italian.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time with friends”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We told the waitress that we would be there a while and we would compensate her accordingly. She was attentive to our needs and left us alone when we did not need anything. The food was amazing and we each got something different and we all were happy.

• Visited May 2012
Miami, Florida
“NOT true Italian - AT ALL”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place has TERRIBLE food, I have no idea how its been in business for so long. We went for my mother's birthday & all 8 of us had something to complain about. Soup tasted like it was straight from a can. Fried calamari was gummy. My brother-in-law's roasted chicken wasn't fully cooked. Tomato sauce taste like its off the supermarket shelf & everyone's pasta was overcooked (almost mushy). I ordered pasta w/ shrimp - i figured since the pasta was overcooked I would eat just the shrimp, but of course the shrimp were NOT deveined and completely dirty - EWWWW! The server was OK, tried to please us but it really wasn't her fault.
I left this restaurant disgusted at the horrible food & hungry. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank MiNena77
jupiter
“A local favorite”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Sometimes getting quite busy in season, but you are rewarded with always good food at fair prices. We love their salad to start of every meal (choice of salad or soup) and when there's no Mom home cooking up Italian food... there's always Nicks. The bottles of wine have also been a staple since we've starting going... maybe for 20 years now??? Yikes! You can also grab a bit (or a pizza) at the bar.

• Visited June 2012

Been to Nick's Tomatoe Pie? Share your experiences!