“Diving in Jupiter FL”

Jupiter Scuba Diving
Ranked #4 of 31 Tours in Jupiter
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a high energy, positive, and family friendly Scuba Charter focusing on the quality of the experience from start to finish. Our motto: Diving is FUN. Expect MORE.
Peoria, Illinois, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Diving in Jupiter FL”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Have been vacationing in Jupiter for ten years now! Never knew the scuba diving in that area offered so much! I became a certified scuba diver last year and decided to see if Jupiter offered any interesting diving opportunities! Quickly became apparent to me, the area offered great diving. Then my next task was to look for a dive shop and boat. After checking out the local dive shops, I decided on Scuba Works in Jupiter, more on them in another review. Scuba Works recommended Capt. SL8R, so I reached out to them seeking details about their boat, staff and services.

Capt. SL8R himself responded to my emails the very same day. He told me about his boat, how they operated and what I might see when diving the area. Every email was answered promptly, even offering suggestions on where to stay and dine. Each and every time we vacation, I bombard locals with questions and I can honestly tell you Capt. SL8R is the best at responding with useful information. Based upon his friendliness and responsiveness, I selected his business for my diving.

I booked two days of diving, four individual dives. Keep in mind, I have only been out diving four other times all in the Caribbean (USVI and Antiqua). Both dive operations received favorable reviews from me. Upon arrival at the boat, I was greeted by the Capt. and his staff. They immediately made me feel comfortable and relaxed. I explained my lack of experience and they told me I was in good hands. They did not let me down. The Capt., Angie, Richard, Maggie and Connie all were great to work with. My biggest fear was getting seasick and I warned them and when I did get sick, they were there to help me. I was taking Bonine as directly and still got sick in between dives. The crew and other divers helped me through the sickness.

The Capt. has many loyal local divers and now I see why. Juan, Juli, Mickey and several I cannot remember their names were fun to dive with. They could tell I was a new diver and did everything they could to help me on the dives, They made me feel like I was member of their "family". Good people all!

On Sunday, I did not see any of the turtles the area is known for. No problem, I asked the Capt. if he could plan Monday's dives where we might have a better chance of seeing a beautiful loggerhead. On the first dive, as we dropped down to the reef, guess what? A huge loggerhead greeted us if only for a moment before heading out! It was as if the Capt. had called ahead! We saw many more sea turtles that day, as well as my first sharks! If was so neat! Also got to visit my first wreck too. EXCITING!

Safety and fun on the boat! Safety is the most important thing to the Capt. and his crew! He took the time to explain each and every safety feature of the boat and explained each dive. But, they also make sure every one has fun. On Sunday the boat takes a slow cruise up the intercoastal waterway. The provide fun and drinks, crank up the music and the fun begins.

I could go on and on about my four dives off of the Kyalami, so much fun and excitement. To be honest, both of my other dive trips were fun but nothing like the experience offered by Capt. SL8R, his crew and loyal divers. I highly recommend them, you will not be disappointed

Visited March 2013
CAPTSL8R, Owner at Jupiter Scuba Diving, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We equally had a great time with you my friend! I am fortunate to have such a great group of customers! The quality of people you meet in this industry makes all the hard work well worth it. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your next visit! I will pass this along to the rest of the team as well as the customers mentioned. Hurry back!! - Capt SL8R

Fredericktown, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Standard to which all other dive ops should be held”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I dove Kyalami and Capt Sl8r March 5th and it was the most amazing experience of my life. Went on a two tank dive saw five sharks, moray eel, sting ray, Goliath grouper, more turtles than I could count and so much more on an effortless drift dive with over 100 ft of visibiliy. The dive masters were top notch and very knowledgeable about reefs. They took care of all my equiptment from car to boat and back to car after dive. We had snacks and music on boat ride and a couple dolphins swam with the boat just a perfect day. It was so much like diving with a group of close friends even though I had never met anyone on board before that day. Boat was immaculate and there was hot water shower on board. The best dive boat operating in the best dive spot in America and at the best prices. I can't wait to come back and see everyone again. I promise you won't be disappointed diving with Capt Sl8r.

1 Thank trapper1981
CAPTSL8R, Owner at Jupiter Scuba Diving, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I am speechless and humbled by your review. We work hard to hold ourselves to a high standard each and everyday, and your words make all that hard work worth it. We love what we do and love to share it! I will pass on your words to the team and use them as the benchmark for which we hope to always perform. Our deepest gratitude! - Capt SL8R
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Nicest people so helpful and nice, awesome crew and captain if your in jupiter go dive with captain sl8r

1 Thank Austintdarden
CAPTSL8R, Owner at Jupiter Scuba Diving, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We have enjoyed watching you grow as a diver and as a young Adult! Thank you for the kind words! Always enjoy having you on board! - CAPT SL8R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Scuba Trip I've taken in years”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The crew of this boat has a motto of "Expect More". That needs to be modified slightly because after two dives on the Kyalami, I could not imagine how much more to expect.

Other than the conditions of the dive "Perfect" and the weather "perfect", the captain and crew went above and beyond expectations. I don't want to set anybody up for disapointment, but i guess I will give my opinion and let the crew live up to the hype.

Our Sunday Funday dive in mid February was two drift dives, and then a trip up the river from Palm Beach. I forget names, but the crew went above and beyond helping me set up my equipment, my tanks were filled to the brim, the music was agreeable to everybody (they play music on the ride in and out and between dives, what a great feature! why doesn't everybody do this?) Safety was not overlooked at all, and issues were addressed in a professional non intimidating manner.

The most relaxed, safe, comfortable dive I've ever done.

Lunch was served, not just granola and gatorade, but bagels and chicken salad and a variety of fresh cut melons, and antipasto and chips and ...they even served it to us! what? Yea, they actually brought food to the people on the bow!

What else, The bow was comfortable, the boat was extremely clean, I could go on, but you get the idea. The dock where the boat docks is even an awesome tiki bar! Packed on a beautiful Sunday with fun people. I did not hang out after the dive, but I will next time for sure.

bottom line, Highly recommend! I hope I'm not setting you up for disappointment. I'll be back on this boat as soon as I can.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Claudec32
We are humbled and blessed for your great review and kind words. Know we take a great deal of pride in serving our guests! It is our customers that allow us to do what we love for a living. We wear "Expect MORE" across our crew shirts as a reminder to hold ourselves to a higher standard and to treat every diver as a guest in our own home. Kyalami translates in ZULU as just that "My Home". Again the gratitude is all ours! Looking forward to seeing you back soon! Cheers- CAPT SL8R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely best dive !!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is possibly the best dive boat in the area. The crew is one of the best out there, very helpful and outgoing. The set up of the boat is great and caters to everyone from photographers to spearfisherman. Last but not least Capt. Sl8r is an awesome captain and very good at what he does and takes in consideration of everyones needs for example: on a lazy sunday trip there were a few of us sitting in the front of the boat enjoying the sights on the intercoastal and had music playing but didnt have speakers in the front of the boat. So i said the capt. sl8r not meaing anything behind it " hey man you should put speakers in the front of the boat". The next sunday BAM there the speakers were playing music. This is awesome to me because it shows that your needs will be met and matched. To end this people you have to check out CAPT. SL8R CHARTERS you have the best experience.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Seven84
Thanks for the write up, and for the speaker suggestion! We love our music on Kyalami and now even when chilling on the bow the tunes keep on pumpin! We truly appreciate your feedback and for choosing Capt SL8R Charters! Cheers - CAPT SL8R