“Unpretentious but tasty bite of New England”
Review of Chowder Heads

Chowder Heads
Ranked #33 of 216 Restaurants in Jupiter
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We serve "Traditional New England Seafood" only. We fly our seafood in from Boston fresh every other day. Maine Lobsters, fried clams, scallops, shrimp, baked stuffed Haddock and Cod. Everyday we have 3 clam chowders and Maine lobster bisque. Located 5 minutes from two of the most beautiful beach destinations in south Florida. Juno Beach Pier, Carlin Park and the Jupiter Lighthouse. From the north we are 1.5 Miles south of Indian Town Rd in the Driftwood Plaza on the east side of US 1.From the south we are 2.3 Miles north of Donald Ross Rd. On your right side in the Driftwood Plaza.Open everyday except Monday for lunch and dinner 11:30am to 9pm. Come in and feel like your back on old Cape Cod again.
West Palm Beach, FL
“Unpretentious but tasty bite of New England”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stopped here for lunch today - my mother was craving a lobster roll or clam roll and we thought about checking this place out as neither of us had eaten here previously.

The $20 lobster roll price put us off a little so we opted for an order of fried Ipswich belly clam roll ($16) and oyster roll ($12) and split each. We both preferred the clams - altho' both the clams and oysters were tasty and delicately fried, served in hot dog rolls and accompanied by tartar sauce. Each plate had a tiny salad with onions/pepper assortment along with our selected sides - we sampled the onion rings and the sweet potato fries and liked them as well.

We noticed that someone at the table next to us ordered the lobster roll and asked, on our way out, if she liked it; the lady loved it! It looked like a very generous serving as it was brought to their table. The others in the party were also happy with their lunches.

My mom is ready to come back in the near future - next time to satisfy her lobster roll craving!

This is by no means a fancy restaurant, but the server and manager were attentive and it was a comfortable place to enjoy a casual lunch.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank loveh2ofl

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“disappointed”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I wanted to order the lobster but they informed me it would take over a half an hour to prepare it because they had to boil the water & that was after the waitress had to check if they even had lobster. That was their way of saying don't order it. Rest of the food was overpriced for what you got and the fact that the restaurant was so casual. I finally decided to get the crab cake appetizer (it was average) & the lobster bisque (it was great). My husband had the scallop roll (not impressed) & the clam chowder (it was great). I would recommend this restaurant only if you like soup.

Visited June 2014
hurricanekathy, Owner at Chowder Heads, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Because we fly the seafood in fresh out of Boston we do run out of lobsters. Depending on what time you arrived it may be true that the pots were shut o9ff for the night., However we will make every effort to make the dis you require. Scallops: I have been torn lately on should I leave the mussel on or take it off. The mussel is chewy but, when the mussel is left on the customer can tell it is a scallop and not6m a stingray punched out with a pipe. I want my customers to know at Chowder heads we serve the real deal, every time. If your scallops were not up to your liking please allow me to bring you back and make it the best scallops you ever had. We use large "dry" pack scallops. They are the best of the best. If we cooked them wrong then I want to make that right. Stop back and let me know scallops are on me.
“Way overpriced!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

A salad with four shrimp for $20? You have got to be kidding. Way overpriced for what the seller contained in the soup was marginal, at best. We will personally never go back nor will he ever recommend this place

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lisa C
hurricanekathy, Owner at Chowder Heads, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for your 1st review to Trip Advisor.. You ordered a larger salad that we make fresh to order which is $8.00 and 4 wild caught native jumbo shrimp (16 shrimp per pound) as an add on for $12.00. I'm sorry you feel you were over charged. I'm curious though you was it good?
In today's restaurant business we have 2 choices as an owner. Serve mediocre food by that I mean 8 little (50 shrimp per pound) frozen farm raised shrimp and a salad with iceberg lettuce, a cucumber and a tomato for say $12.95. I think you deserve better, I chose to serve my customers the very best I can find. Please come back and let me serve you another of the wonderful meals you read about in the reviews below.
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Amazing lobster roll and fried clams!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here and we loved it. We happened to drive by it and decided to give it a try. We are from the East coast and were craving a good lobster roll and fried clams. This place was awesome and we will be back. They give a very nice portion of lobster meat on their lobster rolls and the clams are fresh. Best seafood we have had since we moved down to Florida. The quality is top notch and you get what you pay for.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank JanaD775
Edwin W, Owner at Chowder Heads, responded to this review, August 15, 2016
Thank you Jana for your review. We just won the "Best Seafood Restaurant" in Palm Beach County. See the listing at bestofpalmbeachcounty.com We are also in the running for the 2016 as we were nominated again. Stop by and vote for us. Sorry I didn't respond sooner.
Jupiter, Florida
“BEST clams with out flying to Boston!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We are native Bostonian's who relocated to WPB area. We were having a HUGE craving for fried clams and steamed clams and did NOT WANT TO FLY TO BOSTON to eat them. Then we heard about and tried the clams at Chowder Heads...and we were hooked! THEY ARE DEEELISH!! We make it a special occasion to visit...because the clams can't be beat...for taste, portion size and price. If you like your clams fresh from New England...then come eat at Chowder Heads!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank David S
hurricanekathy, Owner at Chowder Heads, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you your review. New England Seafood is about the freshness of the seafood. We fly it in every other day.

Been to Chowder Heads? Share your experiences!