“Good food and service, but ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Corner Asian Bistro - CLOSED

Red Corner Asian Bistro
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good food and service, but ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I ate at the Red Corner Bistro for the first time and thought the food - Mongolian beef and lemongrass shrimp - was quite delicious. The service was excellent and the restaurant was attractively decorated, except for one jarring note - the televisions in the dining room and the bar area. A restaurant that appears to be striving to be a cut above the run of the mill should lose the TVs.

• Visited January 2013

Jupiter Island, Florida
“Fantastic Treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Red Corner is about five months old and family run. Ming is the owner and his staff are very friendly. The presentations on the special rolls are absolutely gorgeous! Kat, the bartender is a hoot! I have eaten here probably for the past eight weeks, many times a week and just absolutely love the special rolls...................Ming sends out a little delectable teaser first. He is always introducing me to his latest creations. This is a precious little find! And priced very reasonable as I eat sushi out and have given up the local sushi restaurants in favor of the Red Corner! They have a small outside eating area to enjoy the local sunshine and the restaurant itself has a very lovely ambience. There are also a couple of cozy booths in the bar area which has a large TV for viewing events. The sushi chefs at the sushi bar are very friendly and appreciative! I have brought many friends into the restaurant and have always been greeted, sat down, and served drinks in a very timely fashion. And all of my friends love the food! WORTH GOING TO!

• Visited January 2013
Jupiter
“Treat yourself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I don't know where the previous reviewer went but I couldn't disagree more. The menu is Southeast asian, Chinese and Japanese. I have been a number of times and tried each cuisine. All the apps. and entrees were delicious. The bartende, Katerina, was very friendly and attentive as were the wait staff and owner. You get a nice welcome and the prices are very reasonable. I hesitate to recommend restaurant but have done so a number of times for the Red Corner and each person has been very impressed and I believe all have returned shortly after their first visit. Maybe Ted should give it another try!
Jeff G

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank jgill48
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Who are you kidding?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I find "Oriental" restaurants seldom can do any ONE cusine correctly. What they offer are interpretations, and they are usually not well done. This was our experience at Red Corner.
That might not have been as terrible as I'm describing, BUT, the poor young woman that they foisted upon us as "Wait staff" was absolutely NON English speaking. Soooo, add up LOUSEY service, food that was best ordinary and (we thought) overpriced. Stay away.

• Visited October 2012
PALM BEACH GARDENS
“Good Food, Service was Very Poor.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Admittedly, the place was very busy, but we sat ignored for more than 30 minutes until we stopped a waitress and asked if this was her table. We got a broad smile and she asked if we wanted a drink. Thirty minutes later, and two wrong bottles of wine, we finally got our drink. We gave her our orders (four of us), our appetizers came out quickly, the entrees arrived well after that, and piecemeal, and one was incorrect. One Sushi dinner not at all. Ten minutes later we were informed that they ran out of chicken for the Hibachi entree, and my Sushi dinner was still being manufactured. We struck up a conversation with the couple at an adjoining table, they too were frustrated by the endless delays, sadly with the same waitress.

When finally served, the steak hibachi was fair, the shrimp hibachi was quite good and my sushi was good. However I don't think they are ready for prime-time, certainly our waitress while sweet, was completely untutored, and utterly confused. The manager apologized and said he would not charge us for the shrimp hibachi that had to replace the chicken dinner. When we got the bill...you guessed it...the dinner was still on the check. He did remove it, when reminded.

We were obviously not impressed.

• Visited October 2012